The Student Room Group
Reply 1
On Sat, 22 Jun 2002 23:14:52 +0200, "Michael Groll" <[email protected]> wrote:

[q1]>Hi,[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>I'm 21 years old and I study business administration in combination with[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>computer science in Germany. During August / September 2002 I'd like to[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>improve my English skills.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>Do you know any university which offers upper intermediate courses for[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>foreign students including accomodation on the campus?[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>Thanks in advance, Michael.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
What country do ,you want to study in? The UK is close to Germany but courses in the US are often
cheaper, particularly with the euro getting stronger against the dollar. I've heard lots of great
feedback on courses in Australia, South Africa and Malta.

And why does it have to be a university? There are many excellent language schools in all these
countries.

If money's a problem, you could get a summer job in London or Oxford and finance your studies.

Pearson Brown www.better-english.com
Reply 2
"Pearson Brown" <[email protected]> schrieb im News- beitrag
news:[email protected]...

[q1]> What country do ,you want to study in? The UK is close to Germany but courses in the US are often[/q1]
[q1]> cheaper, particularly with the euro getting stronger against the dollar. I've heard lots of great[/q1]
[q1]> feedback on courses in Australia, South Africa and Malta.[/q1]

I'm not geographically fixed at all. I'd like to improve my skills and I'm aware of the fact that it
would take more than 4 hours a day.

[q1]> And why does it have to be a university? There are many excellent language schools in all these[/q1]
[q1]> countries.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> If money's a problem, you could get a summer job in London or Oxford and finance your studies.[/q1]

It would be stupid to say "Money doesn't matter" but it is not my primary criterion. I tend to say
that at a university it is easier to get involved in an international community. Also you don't have
to spend money for each freetime activity. You just get your card at the students union and keep an
eye on the campus life. I won't depend on a host family. Another reason is that many language
schools are full of Germans. To come to an end my last point: At a university I would have the
opportunity to listen into some lectures and eventually I could prepare my semester abroad.

Michael
Reply 3
On Mon, 24 Jun 2002 13:25:36 +0200, "Michael Groll" <[email protected]> wrote:

[q1]>I tend to say that at a university it is easier to get involved in an international community.[/q1]
[q1]>Also you don't have to spend money for each freetime activity. You just get your card at the[/q1]
[q1]>students union and keep an eye on the campus life. I won't depend on a host family. Another reason[/q1]
[q1]>is that many language schools are full of Germans. To come to an end my last point: At a[/q1]
[q1]>university I would have the opportunity to listen into some lectures and eventually I could[/q1]
[q1]>prepare my semester abroad.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
Well, unless things have changed in the last few years,that rules out the UK as the universities
will only be running special courses, such as language courses for foreign students. No student
union, no real campus life, no lectures.
Reply 4
[q1]> Well, unless things have changed in the last few years,that rules out the UK as the universities[/q1]
[q1]> will only be running special courses, such as language courses for foreign students. No student[/q1]
[q1]> union, no real campus life, no lectures.[/q1]

Do you know other countries where this is more likely to happen?

Michael

Latest