The Student Room Group

Further proof that King's is better than UCL...

Hark!

Over the last couple of weeks forces beyond our contmeplation have confirmed the superiority of those beautiful, well-dressed and heaven-bound students at King's College (in particular, the Law School :p: ) over their poor, misguided neighbours over at the cold, grey Godless institution on Gower St.

I point to very recent victories over our lovely neighbours, which not only demonstrate our physical superiority - through the victory in the Inter-Varsity rugby match - and mentally and intellectually - through the mooting and debating victories, all secured in the last two-to-three weeks.

If anyone wants me, I'll be hovering a few feet above the UCL forum, tutting quietly to myself.

****This thread is entirely tongue-in-cheek. For the love of God don't take it seriously and start quoting TQA or HESA scores at me****
Reply 1
Hey kingslaw, haven't seen you on here much lately (could be because I haven't been on here much myself!). How's the good ol' revision coming along? Feeling confident?

(Yes, yes, I know that this is *completely* off-topic...)
Reply 2
muncrun
Hey kingslaw, haven't seen you on here much lately (could be because I haven't been on here much myself!). How's the good ol' revision coming along? Feeling confident?

(Yes, yes, I know that this is *completely* off-topic...)

I've been avoiding the Law forum because, if I'm honest, after a days revising law, the last thing I wanna do is come on the internet and talk about it!!

Meh...revisions OK. Other things are happening which are slightly distracting.

I'm still writing and re-writing notes, as well as working out what to revise, rather than actually trying to remember things. But I think I've almost got that bit sorted now. In about a week it'll just be a case of remembering stuff, and doing all the extra reading I can.

How about you?

By the way, I found out I have all four of my exams in four days :frown:. Pretty soon as well: 3rd/4th/5th/6th of May! But it means a five month summer holiday :biggrin:
Reply 3
My 2 pence to this arguement...

In the library yesterday, working very very hard on my property assignment, a very hot guy came into the law library wearing a KCL hoodie.

So they get my vote :wink:
Reply 4
MissAmy
My 2 pence to this arguement...

In the library yesterday, working very very hard on my property assignment, a very hot guy came into the law library wearing a KCL hoodie.

So they get my vote :wink:

I have always maintained that King's is the most attractive of the two universities :p:

Not even my own arrival has damaged that reputaiton :rolleyes:
Reply 5
Needless to say I don't know why he was at Strathclyde wearing a KCL hoodie, but he was a very pretty boy indeed.

So eh.. if you hear in passing of some KCL student that was in Glasgow this week... y'know.. pass it on !
Reply 6
MissAmy
Needless to say I don't know why he was at Strathclyde wearing a KCL hoodie, but he was a very pretty boy indeed.

So eh.. if you hear in passing of some KCL student that was in Glasgow this week... y'know.. pass it on !

"A girl who was sat in Strathclyde library told me over the internet that she thought you were really pretty."

That old charmer has never failed for me :p:
Reply 7
kingslaw
I've been avoiding the Law forum because, if I'm honest, after a days revising law, the last thing I wanna do is come on the internet and talk about it!!

Meh...revisions OK. Other things are happening which are slightly distracting.

I'm still writing and re-writing notes, as well as working out what to revise, rather than actually trying to remember things. But I think I've almost got that bit sorted now. In about a week it'll just be a case of remembering stuff, and doing all the extra reading I can.

How about you?

By the way, I found out I have all four of my exams in four days :frown:. Pretty soon as well: 3rd/4th/5th/6th of May! But it means a five month summer holiday :biggrin:

I'm at the point where it's mainly a matter of remembering everything. The interesting bit, however, was in the actual learning about legal principles. Those aren't *too* difficult. The hard part is the remembering of the case names and facts, and statutes that constitute these principles - and the task's made even harder by the fact that mere memorization is so dull and mundane that it's difficult to stay focused. And so I'm not getting as much done as I'd like. If you understand where I'm coming from?

As for exams - that's a gruelling schedule you have there. I have mine the week after yours, which I'm thankful for! I thought 6 weeks was a plenty of time until exams. That was until I drew up my full-blown-revision timetable at the weekend and the amount of time I can afford to spend on each topic looks worryingly low.

The thing that'll determine whether I do well or not is not my ability to grasp and understand the law. It's my memory; and I'm not too sure the old grey matter's up to the task! Any tips for improving one's memory? Anyone?
Reply 8
Repetition and dont drink coffee.. it app causes brain synapses to not function 100% hence info will be on the tip of ur tounge, but not quite there.

also depends at ur strengths.. remember cold facts is hard but if u can associate the info to sopmething easier or transform it into a pattern, recognition of words or sounds.. much easier to remember bulk amounts in little time.

ive always crammed my exams and have stuck by these tips.
You just wait till I get there... you'll see. You'll all see. :cool:
Reply 10
Onearmedbandit
You just wait till I get there... you'll see. You'll all see. :cool:

Do I want to see? :eek:
Reply 11
kingslaw
"A girl who was sat in Strathclyde library told me over the internet that she thought you were really pretty."

That old charmer has never failed for me :p:

You'd be suprised. It could be quite endearing :biggrin: