The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
no but i have a past module i would like retaken. i took that exam in june is it possible to get it remarked now?
Can't you just wait until June to see what your final grades are, and if you're off bit a tiny bit, then remark whatever unit?
Reply 3
alixxxxxx1
no but i have a past module i would like retaken. i took that exam in june is it possible to get it remarked now?

ask your exams office.
Reply 4
Waterstorm
Can't you just wait until June to see what your final grades are, and if you're off bit a tiny bit, then remark whatever unit?

but then I would need a priority re-mark which costs more.
Reply 5
I would if I could afford the risk.
Reply 6
has anyone had a remark in ocr biology?
Beef_Eater
I am adamant I got an A in a Biology exam but got a low B. Will cost me £40+ for a re-mark though. Anyone else in the same position?

Although that was only a Biology AS retake and I got 90% on my A2 exam :smile:

how the **** do you know better than an examiner who marked your paper what grade you got? You're just one of those "OMG, I couldn't possibly get a B", when in fact you quite possibly can, as this demonstrates
Reply 8
Revolution is my Name
how the **** do you know better than an examiner who marked your paper what grade you got? You're just one of those "OMG, I couldn't possibly get a B", when in fact you quite possibly can, as this demonstrates

ummm no mate...I went through my paper at the end and knew that it should have been at least an A....You just know when you got a question right or wrong when you do 12+ past papers before the exam.
Reply 9
Flavity
Yeh I totally agree with this. I was so sure that I got an A, a low B is not what I expected.

are you going to get a re-mark then??? tbh I think it is a little expensive but its all towards your grades which are important therefore maybe we should just pay for it.
Reply 10
Last year i remarked my edexcel Accounting Unit 2, and got 26/300 more! Btw, if your score is increased you get your money back followed by a nice apology ;p
Reply 11
KyriakosCy
Last year i remarked my edexcel Accounting Unit 2, and got 26/300 more! Btw, if your score is increased you get your money back followed by a nice apology ;p

I was told you only get your money back if your grade goes up not the score.
Do you get a copy of your paper back before you decide if you want a re-mark?
Reply 13
collegedropout
Do you get a copy of your paper back before you decide if you want a re-mark?

no....that costs £11. most people get a copy first then show their teachers.
Reply 14
Flavity
I reckon I may well get it remarked and just hope for a better mark, that way I get my money back as well. What about you?

probably lol.
Almost certainly getting a remark in my English resit. It was a D in the summer (after some dubious marking) and a C this time. I thought it went fantastically. By far the best of my exams this January (five As included in those). I mean my A2 English exam was 91% (and I didn't think it went as well as the resit). Examiners are idiots.
Beef_Eater
no....that costs £11. most people get a copy first then show their teachers.

Yeah, thats what I meant. Are you allowed to have a look at it before you decide you want it re-marked - with advice from teachers etc.
Our business teachers are getting a massive sample of copies to have a look at and then are going to see if they're unfairly marked.

I'm resitting whatever though.
Reply 18
collegedropout
Yeah, thats what I meant. Are you allowed to have a look at it before you decide you want it re-marked - with advice from teachers etc.

yea for £11....thing is, if you want a re-mark after then it would be £56.
i just done biology edexcel unit 4 exam, as soon as i completed that exam i was sure of getting higher than b, but my results came back today and said 38, no ums, no raw on it just said mark.
i am also thinking of re-marking it. what do you think?

Latest