The Student Room Group

I Hate Athiests

What is it, that you stop believing in God and at the same time all humanity drains out of you? Running around spouting rubbish about reason and science yet abandoning the first in praising the second like a God!

I don't even believe in God, but I'd generally rank people who do above those who don't in terms of sense, rationality, and (generally) manners and things.

It's not anything to do with belief, why do you have to turn into some sort of atheist fundamentalist when you doubt the existence of God?

:frown:

Edit: TO MAKE THIS CLEAR: I DO NOT BELIEVE IN GOD. THIS IS NOT A 'RELIGIOUS RANT' - IT'S NOT IN ANY WAY A COMMENT ON RELIGION OR ATHEISM - JUST THOSE WHO MINDLESSLY AND AGGRESSIVELY PROMOTE THEIR OWN BELIEFS.

Scroll to see replies

I guarantee a comment about the spelling of atheist.
I hate you.
What is it, that you start believing in God and at the same time all sense of logic drains out of you? Running around spouting rubbish about some bearded guy and floods.

I don't even believe in God, but I'd generally rank people who do above those who don't in terms of stupidity, warpness, and (generally) weirdness and things.

It's not anything to do with belief, why do you have to turn into some babbling idiot crazy-person when you believe the existence of God?

Fixed.
You preach rationality and yet you refer to athiests as fundamentalists when there is no more likelyhood of that being the case, than being a theist fundamentalist.

There are so many open-minded and rational athiests, you're the one being irrational, as well as lacking in manners dare I say.
andyroo_g
What is it, that you stop believing in God and at the same time all humanity drains out of you? Running around spouting rubbish about reason and science yet abandoning the first in praising the second like a God!

I don't even believe in God, but I'd generally rank people who do above those who don't in terms of sense, rationality, and (generally) manners and things.

It's not anything to do with belief, why do you have to turn into some sort of athiest fundamentalist when you doubt the existence of God?

You really do not know what you are chatting about. Hush.
Have you had a severe reaction to Dawkins by any chance?
The irony is that if you did truly believe in religion as much as you are a theist, it wouldn't matter to you what other people do and you should respect their opinions to an extent.

I'm a theist but I'm not strongly against those who choose not to be.
nothing should be believed blindly
Reply 8
andyroo_g

It's not anything to do with belief, why do you have to turn into some sort of atheist fundamentalist when you doubt the existence of God?

wtf
I just don't believe in a God, couldn't care less what people think of me or label me.
Well atheists hate you too so it's all good. :smug:
I hate people who generalise.
Reply 12
I think there are a fair few evangelical atheists on TSR :yep:
There are fundamentalists on both sides. :wink:
Reply 14
957 Country Bumpkin
You really do not know what you are chatting about. Hush.
Have you had a severe reaction to Dawkins by any chance?

I don't like Dawkins - no. But it's not that (at least, not wholly).

How do I not know what I'm chatting about? Enlighten me, please.
Reply 15
they hate you to
Reply 16
Cupid Stunt
I just don't believe in a God, couldn't care less what people think of me or label me.

Yeah, same here.

I said that I don't believe in God. I don't even call myself an athiest any more because of those (^^) sort of associations.
andyroo_g

I don't even believe in God

why do you have to turn into some sort of atheist fundamentalist when you doubt the existence of God?

Why do you?
Reply 18
jog on you sye
Reply 19
TheMeister
The irony is that if you did truly believe in religion as much as you are a theist, it wouldn't matter to you what other people do and you should respect their opinions to an extent.

I'm a theist but I'm not strongly against those who choose not to be.

I don't believe in religion. I said that.

Latest

Trending

Trending