The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Bournemouth is stronger for all that media/TV shizz so I hear??

Where would you rather live? A fairly quiet seaside town or London?
I've always wanted to live in London but its ridiculously expensive. I hear Bournemouth has a really good student scene aswell
Reply 3
i'm stuck on making the same decision, have you made yours yet?
Reply 4
Hey. I had the same decision recently for the television courses. Had both interviews on consecutive days, and got unconditionals from them both the days after! Very happy as I was very impressed with both so it was a difficult decision indeed. After that I got an interview for the Film and TV and Westmin and whilst it's a very renowned course for film I'm more interested in television so declined. In the end I decided on Bournemouth.
Firstly, I was attracted by the high def formatting at Bournemouth. As well as the reputation of the course, and the uni itself. Secondly, it's cheaper. Thirdly,
I started uni in London last year, at Greenwich, and the 'London uni' experience I found to be more the 'London experience': there is less campus atmosphere as people come and go from all places in central. Fab if you're not too bothered about that but I found in terms of local things to do, there wasn't a great deal unless you do a big student night into central which is, again, fairly costly, and you don't meet so many people from your uni.
However, I was mega impressed with the amount of work experience Westmin have to offer (including some paid) as well as the chance to work abroad.
Gosh now you have me re-thinking! It's definitely a tough one. Westmin I felt was more industry centred.

Have you chosen yours yet?
I am just waiting for Westmin to update on that inteview I declined so I can firm my choice.
Good Luck! and congrats.
Reply 5
Grapevine
Bournemouth is stronger for all that media/TV shizz so I hear??

Where would you rather live? A fairly quiet seaside town or London?

Bournemouth is far from a quiet seaside town!
Reply 6
Rhio
Bournemouth is far from a quiet seaside town!

well i have pretty much that i am confirming bournemouth but i am stuck on my second choice, its between westminster for film and tv or leeds for just tv production.

by any chance do you know which would be better for a second choice cz i have found it quite hard to find out which are the top uni's for film and tv? :s-smilie: thanks
Reply 7
My advice would definitely be the Tv and Film combined at Westmin for your second choice. Their BA film course is very credible. :smile: hope to see you at Bournemouth!
Reply 8
Rhio
My advice would definitely be the Tv and Film combined at Westmin for your second choice. Their BA film course is very credible. :smile: hope to see you at Bournemouth!

yh that has been my gut feeling really so may just have to go for it, hopefully i will get the grades for bournemouth anyway, thanks

Latest

Trending

Trending