The Student Room Group

UVM Kosice

Scroll to see replies

Hiya guys,

My name is Abby and I have extensively read this thread and thing appear a lot different now compared to 2009. Here are my current quals....

1st Class Qualifying LL.B Law Degree

A Levels:

D Biology
B Business Studies
D ICT
C Physical Education

GCSEs:

A English Literature
A ICT
A Business Studies
B English Lanuage
B Geography
B RE
B Biology
B PE
C Chemistry
C Physics
C Psychology
C Maths

I have years work of experience in boarding kennels and catteries, work experience in a vets and own show and work 3 dogs. I also worked in a Petshop for 5 years so have experience with birds; reptiles and small animals.

As I understand I will need to apply for the 6 year course and sit the entry test. Am I likely to get in now its getting so competitive and my quals are not geared up for Vet Med. I always wanted to be one but my mom n dad said I would never be able to and would never afford it so when I was 16 I reluctantly admitted defeat but now I am determined more than ever to follow my dream.

Please any advise.

Kindest regards

Abby :smile:

Reply 1721
Original post by sarzbabe
well my doctors just got worse today, sent me a poorly-copied copy of my application form. JUST GIVE ME MY ORIGINAL ONE :frown:

Hopefully by the end of the week i might be getting somewhere!

ooh if you ring them would you please ask them the process for applicants (as in interview or not?) :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That sucks! Must be driving you up the wall :mad: Hope they at least didn't charge you through the roof.

Of course I'll ask! And I'll see if I can get the low-down on whether Zoology degrees count for the 4-year course *grumble* (I'm still convinced they do..). I still need that number, anyone? :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Phone numbers are here for foriegn office: http://www.uvm.sk/en/kontakty-zoznam-podla-pracovisk/oddelenie-pre-zahranicne-a-doktorandske-studium

They are still very busy and have been doing PHD exams of some kind this week so the office has been closed.

I named Zoology as it was an example given to me along with Equine Science (which obviously only covers horses) and biology (which does not cover animal husbandry/production etc). Whilst it may cover some of the modules it may not cover it all so they are looking at it on a case by case basis so make sure you have a copy of your modules + sylabuses for if they want it!

As I said, they are still very busy and if you have emailed your forms in will get back to you as soon as they can!!!!
Reply 1723
Hi I might be the only one having trouble with this but i can't manage to find an address that is accepted to transfer money to with my bank. What is the universities address? and then the bank details.
Reply 1724
Original post by ausjess
Hi I might be the only one having trouble with this but i can't manage to find an address that is accepted to transfer money to with my bank. What is the universities address? and then the bank details.

The details are in a pdf on the uni website. http://www.uvm.sk/en/application-fee

Fantastic, Chris, thank you :smile: Could not find that for the life of me yesterday!!

Don't worry about freaking us all out by pointing out Zoology.. I'm sure courses vary wildly EU wide. By the sounds of it I should be ok, and luckily my university send a lovely officially stamped document with a list of all my modules along with my certificate, sending that with my application. I'm worried about the size of this email now!
Argh, now i'm worried! I did Biomedical Science and although i know some people on the course did the same, it doesn't have aaanything to do with animals - definitely not husbandry/production but very much the medical side :eek:

& luinecu, it only cost me £10 too. But still, its a lot when they just can't get it right!
Reply 1726
Original post by luinecu
The details are in a pdf on the uni website. http://www.uvm.sk/en/application-fee

Fantastic, Chris, thank you :smile: Could not find that for the life of me yesterday!!

Don't worry about freaking us all out by pointing out Zoology.. I'm sure courses vary wildly EU wide. By the sounds of it I should be ok, and luckily my university send a lovely officially stamped document with a list of all my modules along with my certificate, sending that with my application. I'm worried about the size of this email now!

Thanks Luinecu. We must be a bit backwards here cos my bank is not accepting these details. I'll have to go about it differently. Thanks for the help though.
Original post by ausjess
Thanks Luinecu. We must be a bit backwards here cos my bank is not accepting these details. I'll have to go about it differently. Thanks for the help though.

It needs to be sent as an International Payment which is usually on a seperate system than domestic BACS (and charged for more). Cheapest way to send this is probably by http://www.hifx.com/ who charge £9 fee instead of the Banks usual £25 - £30.
Reply 1728
Original post by ausjess

I was able to just make an international payment through online banking with my Natwest student account. They only charged me £10 to do so as well.
I know it probably works differently in Aus, but maybe if you speak to your bank they can point you in the right direction?
Reply 1729
Anyone on this thread from Ireland?:smile:
Original post by patricia10
My son is applying for the 6yr course and we went to have a look round the uni in the October half term break. The staff couldn't have been more helpful and we were given a tour of all the facilities, we sent an e-mail saying when we would like to go and they gave us a specific date and time. Hope this helps.

Ah I shall do that then.
Thank you :smile:
Did you just email ' [email protected]' ?
Does anyone know the best email to use?!

What did you think of the uni!?
xx
Original post by faith16120
Ah I shall do that then.

xx

I think you need [email protected] or [email protected] if you send it to webmaster it will go to someone in the computing department who probably doesnt speak slovak. I know the office girls dont seem to be replying to anyone, but they're the only point of contact so there is no other option but to wait
Original post by tigercallie
I think you need [email protected] or [email protected] if you send it to webmaster it will go to someone in the computing department who probably doesnt speak slovak. I know the office girls dont seem to be replying to anyone, but they're the only point of contact so there is no other option but to wait

Okay :smile:
I'll email and patiently (try) and wait!
Thanks x
Reply 1733
Original post by luinecu
Ooh! I just noticed you're in Wales too :biggrin: I live in Cardiff!

What was the list of stuff again? So far I have..

CV
Application Form / doctor's letter
References (just sticking them in anyway..)
50 Euro Fee (will probably attach the receipt too)

Did they want a letter/personal statement at all?

Did you manage to contact anyone in the office on the phone?

(Also.. Dydd Gŵyl Dewi Sant Hapus i chi! :sheep: <- TSR doesn't appear to have a leek/daff/dragon/flag.. but they had this lol)
(edited 11 years ago)
Okay :smile:
I'll email and patiently (try) and wait!
Thanks x

When i said slovak, i meant english :tongue: they probably dont speak english
Reply 1735
Original post by crocmadchris
Phone numbers are here for foriegn office: http://www.uvm.sk/en/kontakty-zoznam-podla-pracovisk/oddelenie-pre-zahranicne-a-doktorandske-studium

They are still very busy and have been doing PHD exams of some kind this week so the office has been closed.

Original post by p3bbl3z
Did you manage to contact anyone in the office on the phone?

(Also.. Dydd Gŵyl Dewi Sant Hapus i chi! :sheep: <- TSR doesn't appear to have a leek/daff/dragon/flag.. but they had this lol)

I guess the office is still closed, I haven't been able to get through. I haven't tried any of the extensions yet because I don't know the number for the main switchboard. Still not sent in my application because I'd really rather get the list of stuff we should send in just in case they've changed it along with everything else; there must be a reason that information isn't up there any more.

:sheep: Happy St Davids Day to you too!! :sheep:
Reply 1736
Just a thought, has anyone sent an email with a read receipt request and gotten a message back from it? :smile:
Ah I shall do that then.

xx

I think my husband initially phoned them but the e-mail address we have been using to converse with them is: Study department <[email protected]>;
We were very impressed with the university, it is a fairly small campus and the staff were very friendly and eager to show us round. We also were able to meet up with one of the students who posts on here and she was extemely helpful and kind to give up her time and answered a lot of our questions.
Reply 1738
Original post by luinecu
Just a thought, has anyone sent an email with a read receipt request and gotten a message back from it? :smile:

I've had an email back from them about my application!

But just to say they've received it, thank you and can I send my secondary school leaving certificate. (edit: Which I now realise is my BTEC certificate... which my college never gave me, they sent it to the wrong person. So I've just applied for a new one, lovely 4 weeks wait!)
So I'd say also include copies of your A levels (Or a leaving certificate.. if you have one?)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1739
Original post by p3bbl3z
I've had an email back from them about my application!

But just to say they've received it, thank you and can I send my secondary school leaving certificate. (edit: Which I now realise is my BTEC certificate... which my college never gave me, they sent it to the wrong person. So I've just applied for a new one, lovely 4 weeks wait!)
So I'd say also include copies of your A levels (Or a leaving certificate.. if you have one?)

Yay! :biggrin: Thanks, I'll stick all that in too then. I think I'll knock out a cover letter rather then a full on personal statement (I didn't go the UCAS route so I didn't write one), just to cover all bases.

Guess this means someone is in the office now too :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending