The Student Room Group
Reply 1
i haven't sat int2 but some of my friends are and it seems to be quite similar to the work in SG credit.

I'm doing higher maths and there is a quite a lot of new information to grasp. If you cope well with maths or even enjoy it then i'd say you won't find the jump too difficult.

As long as you learn and understand the processes aswell as practising questions you'll be fine with higher:smile:
Reply 2
cheers
Reply 3
anyone else got any experience from going from int2 to higher?
Reply 4
Yeah its fine, just keep up with the work as you go along. Do not do what I did and do nothing all year and have a frantic dash at the end of the year to do about 9 months work in less than a week. Higher maths really isn't that difficult when you get used to it.
Reply 5
cheers. any other people gone from int2 to higher?
It's a big jump. In fact, it's a massive jump. I struggled at first. I know lots of people with As at Int 2 that totally bombed it. I'm not trying to destroy your confidence – if you like maths and work hard then you'd do fine. I did :smile:
But it's a much bigger leap than from Higher to Advanced Higher imho. Or from Int 1 to Int 2 even.
Reply 7
I got an A at Int 2, and, er... I just failed my Higher prelim an hour or two ago, so yeah, it's a pretty big jump. I'm getting lazy, though - I have an unconditional, so I have to admit I'm not studying as much as I would otherwise. Int 2 is a good foundation for moving on to Higher, but that's all it is - there's a hell of a lot of new information, the pace is hard, and you need to stay on top of it or you don't stand a chance.
I'm pretty terrible at Maths in general, though, so that might just be me. It's not that difficult, per se, just... a lot to learn, a lot to understand, and a lot of work. But if you're capable of passing Int 2, you're capable of passing Higher.
The Hatman
I got an A at Int 2, and, er... I just failed my Higher prelim an hour or two ago, so yeah, it's a pretty big jump. I'm getting lazy, though - I have an unconditional, so I have to admit I'm not studying as much as I would otherwise. Int 2 is a good foundation for moving on to Higher, but that's all it is - there's a hell of a lot of new information, the pace is hard, and you need to stay on top of it or you don't stand a chance.
I'm pretty terrible at Maths in general, though, so that might just be me. It's not that difficult, per se, just... a lot to learn, a lot to understand, and a lot of work. But if you're capable of passing Int 2, you're capable of passing Higher.

Haha I remember I got like 82% in my Int 2 prelim and was upset because I didn't think I'd done well... then I got 52% in my Higher prelim... and 27% in my Advanced Higher prelim... needless to say I was a bit lazy and feckless before prelims, then after a kick up the pants I always worked really hard for the exams :tongue:
Reply 9
sound. well i strugled with standard grade a bit to be honest, got a 1 3 in the exam which narrowd down to a 2. that took a good few solid days of revision before the exam. i thought i should prob take int2 as a stepping stone before higher n im finding it piss easy to be honest. i got 90% in prelim with very little revison. i also do physics n chem at higher and cope well with them. would u say id be able to pass higher with enough hard work? as im prepare to work hard for it. cheers guys
timmyboy199201
sound. well i strugled with standard grade a bit to be honest, got a 1 3 in the exam which narrowd down to a 2. that took a good few solid days of revision before the exam. i thought i should prob take int2 as a stepping stone before higher n im finding it piss easy to be honest. i got 90% in prelim with very little revison. i also do physics n chem at higher and cope well with them. would u say id be able to pass higher with enough hard work? as im prepare to work hard for it. cheers guys

Yeah you should, especially as you've got a good solid science background, particularly with Physics. If you're doing that well at Int 2, then I'd say the Higher is definitely worth a shot next year.
If you're finding Physics not bad then you should be okay with Maths :smile:
I loved both, but hated Chemistry :tongue:
timmyboy199201

Yeah, I did the same in Int 2. I could have taken Higher - struggled with Standard Grade, but worked my ass off and just about memorized past paper answers and got kind of lucky and got a 1 - but I decided to delay it for a year so it wouldn't interfere with my other Higher subjects and end with me failing everything.

It was an incredibly easy class, but yeah; if you're doing that well in it, if you're doing well in Higher Physics, and if you're willing to work hard and stay on top of the workload, you're more than capable of sitting Higher. Good luck.

Latest