The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Smack
According to what table?

complete university guide website... guardian ranks it 9th i think but i doubt thats as accurate
Ashw5
complete university guide website... guardian ranks it 9th i think but i doubt thats as accurate

The Guardian is just as accurate as all the other ones... are you trying to suggest it falsifies data or something?
Reply 22
Smack
The Guardian is just as accurate as all the other ones... are you trying to suggest it falsifies data or something?

no, but i don't think its 9th for mech eng especially seen as offer used to be BBC

suggests its better than bristol
(edited 13 years ago)
Ashw5
no

So why do you doubt it's as "accurate" as "the rest", then? "Accuracy" of league tables doesn't really matter anyway because they don't measure the quality of a department/university or the quality of education you will receive, and the only people who actually give a damn about them are students in the earlier years of their degrees.
Reply 24
Smack
So why do you doubt it's as "accurate" as "the rest", then? "Accuracy" of league tables doesn't really matter anyway because they don't measure the quality of a department/university or the quality of education you will receive, and the only people who actually give a damn about them are students in the earlier years of their degrees.

Hey im on your side.. read the rest
Ashw5
Hey im on your side.. read the rest

OK then.

Entry standards are a function of popularity, not quality. Lancaster's MEng is accredited the same as Bristol's, and a Lancaster grad who wants to get chartered hasn't got to do any more academic work than a Bristol one.
Reply 26

Original post by ashy
Inperial is work hard; play hard. It's not boring by any stretch of the imagination. Go for it. I love it here :biggrin:

Can you tell me.....Doing Material Engineering at Imperial or Electronic Engineering at UCl, a wise thing to do and also Civil from Bristol.......Which option is best
Reply 27
Hello, to revive this conversation, do you know whether it is really harder to get a first from Imperial than it is from, say, Bristol? And if it is harder, do employers then regard a second from Imperial as well as a first from Bristol? Thx for any answers
Original post by cheezcake
Hello, to revive this conversation, do you know whether it is really harder to get a first from Imperial than it is from, say, Bristol? And if it is harder, do employers then regard a second from Imperial as well as a first from Bristol? Thx for any answers

Any 2cents regarding FCH and 2:1?
Reply 29
Original post by DestinationUK
Any 2cents regarding FCH and 2:1?

This is (was) a 2009 thread. Probably best to start your own :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest