The Student Room Group
I dunno what to prepare and how to prepare :frown:
Reply 2
Thats my problem. I have that Edexcel A Level German textbook..which gives a little bit of help...but will my teacher ask questions on what i've learnt through that book? For the mock he didnt. Its a kinda hit and miss thingy here..
I'm taking it with WJEC, but we've started preparing in class. Which reminds me, I have a mock tomorrow :s-smilie:

I really need to sort out the info I need to know - types of schools etc. Ah well, for tomorrow, the only prep I'll do is listening to the German Harry Potter audio books :wink:

Good luck with your speaking exams!
Reply 4
The Avenger
I dunno what to prepare and how to prepare :frown:

I don't know how Edexcel languages' orals work, but for AQA we get asked questions on some of the topics we have learnt. My Spanish teacher, together with the Spanish assistant, prepared a booklet with possible questions on all of the topics covered in AS. Perhaps you could ask your teacher to do the same for your class.
I've done the final drafts of Zukunftsplane, Facher andddd Auslande (I think I'm doing WJEC) but I haven't learnt any of it yet, 'cause I've got French a week earlier.

When do you have yours?
Reply 6
I'm doing Edexcel...my topic will be "Unsere Welt" (Reisen, Tourismus, Verkehr, Wetter, Umweltfragen und Recycling).
We get a stimulus relating to our topic..in which we have 15 minutes to make notes...then we get asked 4 questions on it. After that part, we get asked questions about our topic area which moves away from the stimulus.
We have this horrible thing with WJEC whereby we get 2 pictures on the same theme and have to compare and contrast them. I'm terrible at it.
Reply 8
hey guys i do A2 AQA german but im guessing all the exams are pretty much the same. my examiner last year was so lovely she just made it seem like a really casual conversation and helped me as much as she could :smile: all the prep i did was i learnt my speech, made sure i had stuff i could say for all the topics and learnt essential vocab.
good luck guys :smile:
Reply 9
Deutsch_Beth
We have this horrible thing with WJEC whereby we get 2 pictures on the same theme and have to compare and contrast them. I'm terrible at it.

Certainly wouldnt want to do that! Good luck!

I think for me, its down to essential vocab and good knowledge of my topic area. Last time i got 8/8 for accuracy/range of lexis...but a really low score for my topic area knowledge!
I also seem to panic..i always try and answer the question as soon as its asked....well and truely i should think for a few seconds before opening my mouth Dx

Latest

Trending

Trending