The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
i just think of the whole exam stress and then i stop doing everything and try to enjoy myself ... watch a movie for a bit... listen to music... go out n play or just eat good food.... helps me a whole lot
Reply 21
This site may help for motivation - http://www.onlineorganizing.com/ExpertAdviceToolboxTips.asp?tipsheet=22
(Link from Bustertests.co.uk)

But it definitely important to have some fun and not to just work! :smile:
Reply 22
Put some on the toilet door. You'll go in there quite often! How about roung the computer screen? Revise as you type!
Reply 23
My computer monitor is quite thin and it would be hard to attach anything there but I will try. Toilet door is a good idea :biggrin: Then the whole family would learn about whatever you cannot remember!
Reply 24
Even better! Then they can test you on it
Reply 25
use the revision things on the internet while ur surfing or something... thats easy ... n most of them r pretty colourful... i was gonna make my notes on bright coloured paper so i'd always be interested or shocked or something..... but then the paper was too expensive... so i'm going back to post its......o yeah make songs about your stuff... sounds stupid n all but it used to work or just walk around n read stuff out loud that works too :smile:
Reply 26
Hi! I am always going on revision websites whilst I am surfing, for instance tonight, I did a 3 month timetable from the BBC One Life site. Post-Its are good, especially in neon colours. I find playing th same msuic each time you start to revise helps too :biggrin:
Reply 27
That timetable doesn't seem to be working again.
Reply 28
Hhmm let me check...

Edit - It works for me, do you get any error messages.

Here is the site again - http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/onelife/education/revision/planners.shtml
Reply 29
NickiM
Hi! I am always going on revision websites whilst I am surfing, for instance tonight, I did a 3 month timetable from the BBC One Life site. Post-Its are good, especially in neon colours. I find playing th same msuic each time you start to revise helps too :biggrin:

I'm making the timetable now since the bbc fixed it now.

Music distracts me actually. For some reason, people don't get distracted revising when having music on. :confused:
Reply 30
I don't get distracted, I put classical music on, which I like anyway. I made my 3 month timetable yesterday using the BBC timetable. The only bad thing is is it doesn't print off the key.
Reply 31
NickiM
I don't get distracted, I put classical music on, which I like anyway. I made my 3 month timetable yesterday using the BBC timetable. The only bad thing is is it doesn't print off the key.

Actually anything that has noise distracts me. :redface:

You could try to set the size of the paper, margins and stuff like that. If that doesn't work, you could write down they key.

Do you think they read your e-mail and fixed it? or do they know the problem already? :p:
Reply 32
Lol, I think I am insignificant to the BBC, they were probably just doing something to the site. I have written down the subjects, I need to write my exams on the timetable now. Tomorrow I am revising Physics, Maths and Music.
Reply 33
NickiM
Lol, I think I am insignificant to the BBC, they were probably just doing something to the site. I have written down the subjects, I need to write my exams on the timetable now. Tomorrow I am revising Physics, Maths and Music.

Cool. Good luck with the studying today. :smile:
Reply 34
I am not going to revise today, I am going to try and enjoy every minute since it is the last day of my holiday!
Start now. If you don't, it wont all be okay. :frown:
Reply 36
NickiM
I am not going to revise today, I am going to try and enjoy every minute since it is the last day of my holiday!

I'm not going to revise today too, however I'm going to finish some coursework instead. :redface:
Reply 37
Vivianna
Is anyone else beginning to freak out? The exams start in May and I’ve got so much to do, not to mention course work and GCSE drama (which is quite early) Bla, and now the Easter holiday has gone and all i've done is physics :rolleyes: I'm starting to wish I’d done more revision for the mocks :frown: Argh!! Panic, panic, panic.

Looking back on how freaked out I was over GCSE's, I now realise I didn't need to worry so much. There's no point in worrying about what you should have done, it's in the past...Just take it one bit at a time and you'll be fine!

Don't be :frown: ........
be :biggrin:
Reply 38
It is hard not to panic though, I need to find out though whether the school will have revision sessions and stuff after school, I hope they do.
Reply 39
you guys are going back to school? i still have a week and a half off, and my sister has three!

Latest