The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

it always was! cheap rubbish for the masses
Reply 2
It's no secret that new look is at the cheaper end of high street clothes stores, but I still think that their clothes are vastly better in quality than primark - i.e the clothes tend to last longer, and keep their shape.

I think primark may be slightly quicker at jumping on to newer trends if that's what you mean?
Reply 3
i only found out like a week ago that new look does mens cloths :eek:
It's nicer than Primark. Not massively though.
I prefer New Look's male range to Primark. Primark do some great female stuff, but they come up a bit short in males clothing. Primark's male stuff is all rather plain/uninspiring.
jay234
i only found out like a week ago that new look does mens cloths :eek:

I never realised until my girlfriend at the time dragged me in there.

It was as much of a shock as the cheapness of Home Bargains!
Reply 7
Benjamin Casablancas
I never realised until my girlfriend at the time dragged me in there.

It was as much of a shock as the cheapness of Home Bargains!

haha same, found out because of my gf.
Reply 8
yeh i agree, their quality has gone down.
once in a while i find a nice piece, but i dont shop there as often as i did
Reply 9
I hate New Look it's so tacky even my friend who works there agrees.
Reply 10
Agreed but same with women's clothes, I find it horribly overpriced for what it is.
New Look shoes are amazing! Primark shoes = not so much.
In terms of clothing, I think the quality at NL is better but I don't buy alot from either store really..
Now Look men's section can have some ace stuff, even recently. Primark just sucks on the whole (unless you want basics- socks, plain tees etc.)
blinkbelle
New Look shoes are amazing! Primark shoes = not so much.
In terms of clothing, I think the quality at NL is better but I don't buy alot from either store really..

Ditto you completly summerised what i wanted to say. i have a pair of high black platforms which i love primark shoes aren't so good
The clothes have always been hit and miss depending on trends. The shoes are still as excellent as always. There aren't many places that constantly stock both 8's and 9's in all the styles for such a good price.
Reply 15
New Look shoes are the best :smile:

But the clothes are horrible, and yeah, pretty similar to Primark
New Look makes me vom. As bad as primark but not as cheap
I'm male and even I know that New Look is sweat shop cookie cutter churned out ten-a-penny stuff, just like Primarni
Reply 18
New Look is slightly nicer than Primark. As Primark becomes more and more fashion-centred the difference will become smaller as only quality becomes a factor.
I havent got anything from primark since i was about 8 years old!...

New look is alright but its more female dominated

I shop in george if ive got a tight budget!!..... But usually TKmaxx or USC for me :smile:

Latest