The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I decided to do two. £16.80 per exam. All the other years it's been £12.50 for most, so I'm really disappointed as at the moment I don't exactly have spare money.
Paid for mine today :smile:

Knocked me back £60
My remark came back.
Up from a D to an A [22 UMS]. So I got the money back for that, plus the money for the resit back.
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv]']My remark came back.
Up from a D to an A [22 UMS]. So I got the money back for that, plus the money for the resit back.

Aww I'm glad of that :biggrin:

Well done, very good indeed
Reply 84
KatyLauren
It's verrrrry annoying isn't.
That money could have gone on something much more productive :smile:
Ohhhh well, hope you do better this time, I'm hoping so for me too!
:P

u 2 mines came 2 £85 lol.
My 6 was £360. And I still failed all six of them. Have to do them again now.
Advanced Subsidiary
My 6 was £360. And I still failed all six of them. Have to do them again now.

6 for £360?!
It's £60 per exam?!?
Bloody hell
KatyLauren
6 for £360?!
It's £60 per exam?!?
Bloody hell

Yeah and if I miss the deadline on March 25th 2009 it goes up to £120 per unit :frown:. My kind of luck.:mad:
Reply 88
my friends spent £270 on retakes in the last year :tongue:
Reply 89
Lol.. I'm at a private college where there £68 per exam.. I'm taking 18 = £1224.....
Reply 90
siQ
Lol.. I'm at a private college where there £68 per exam.. I'm taking 18 = £1224.....

:zomg:

You're joking right?! How could you possibly retake 18? Unless you do 4/5+ subjects.
Reply 91
Faiza.
:zomg:

You're joking right?! How could you possibly retake 18? Unless you do 4/5+ subjects.

Doing my whole A levels in June lol.. only taking 3 (plus AS English Lang), subjects are Maths, chemistry and biology.
Aren't retakes free in most schools?
I'm going to retake, just to aim for better grades
Reply 93
siQ
Doing my whole A levels in June lol.. only taking 3 (plus AS English Lang), subjects are Maths, chemistry and biology.

Oh okay. I think I understand. [Well a bit anyway lol]
Reply 94
DarkWarrior
Aren't retakes free in most schools?
I'm going to retake, just to aim for better grades

Yeh at some colleges they are free. Unfortunately at others, you have to pay.
Reply 95
£13 per exam and I'm resitting 5 (1 for each subject)
So £65 :-(
Could be worse though...
Reply 96
£30 :-(
Reply 97
I've got them to come down to £80 - I've withdrawn from three chemistry ones (there's little point in my re-sitting them if they've no relevance to me getting into university whatsoever - this will also give more time to revise/work for my other exams).

Still not sure I should actually be re-sitting C2, but anyway, my teachers think it's a good idea and I guess one extra re-sit isn't going to kill me.
Reply 98
at my school resits for the New Spec AS are £20 each..... but im only resiting 1 so its not too bad, but i cant believe people get retakes for free. so unfair :frown: