The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Well, I wouldn't worry too much about it. University is that learning curve in your life, if so you'll learn to deal with it like you'll have to deal with many other things when you get here!
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Imo1991
Daaaaamn...sorry I have nothing against people who smoke at all...like some of my friends smoke and it's all fine...but I dunno if I could live with a year of the smell of smoke...lol!..! And also It thought that with all the governments 'anti smoking campaigns' alot of the uni's would ban smoking on campus

You know that people can only smoke in their rooms in St Germans right? So I doubt the smell is going to affect you that much apart from wafting into the corridor a little. They can't smoke in the kitchen/living area or anything. I expect its the same for Northfield.
Reply 22
Yeah I know they can only smoke in their rooms but if someone has been smoking in my room before then it might smell a bit. But I suppose it will have had the whole of summer to air out so hopefully it would of gone by then....!
Imo1991
Yeah I know they can only smoke in their rooms but if someone has been smoking in my room before then it might smell a bit. But I suppose it will have had the whole of summer to air out so hopefully it would of gone by then....!

The rooms get cleaned from top to bottom, it WON'T smell of smoke.
Reply 24
sophisticated
The rooms get cleaned from top to bottom, it WON'T smell of smoke.

Okay cool thank you :smile:
Reply 25
I also lived in St G's and agree totally with lmcorr. Don't do it!! I also lived in Lafrowda and thought it was ace :biggrin: Have you also looked into St Davids? It isn't ensuite but it's lovely and the right side of campus (though it is off campus) for Washington Singer :smile:
Reply 26
St Davids looks nice, how long do you think it would take to walk to Washingon Singer from there?
Imo1991
St Davids looks nice, how long do you think it would take to walk to Washingon Singer from there?

10 minutes. Max.
Reply 28
:ditto: Not long...sophisticated's estimation is probably quite accurate.
Reply 29
Okay cool thanks. Do you think it's closer than Northfield? And is St.Davids run by the uni or run by UNITE?
Imo1991
Okay cool thanks. Do you think it's closer than Northfield? And is St.Davids run by the uni or run by UNITE?

St Davids is not closer than Northfield (Northfield is slightly further up the hill) but St D's is run by the Uni yes.
Reply 31
Okay thanks.
Reply 32
I am currently looking at accomodation for 2009, I know I want to go into self catered but I am just wondering why everyone is so against St Germans is it the cost, the reputation (i.e. is it full of 'rahs) or is it simply the buildings. Because when I saw Lafrowda it didn't look as nice as St G's!
amoramor
I am currently looking at accomodation for 2009, I know I want to go into self catered but I am just wondering why everyone is so against St Germans is it the cost, the reputation (i.e. is it full of 'rahs) or is it simply the buildings. Because when I saw Lafrowda it didn't look as nice as St G's!

You would be very very silly to judge based on outward appearance in the case of Lafrowda and St G's :redface:
Read through the threads in the accommodation forums in the Exeter section, there are plenty of opinions on which accommodation is better. I would type it all out again but I have to go to work :wink:
Reply 34
People are against St G's because it's too expensive for what it is, especially when stuff breaks all the time! It's also nowhere near as social as Lafrowda (and take it from me, I've lived in both!).
Reply 35
Yup and yup. Far too expensive for what you get, basically it.

Don't you think its a little foolish to judge a place on what it looks from the outside?
Reply 36
lmcorr
Yup and yup. Far too expensive for what you get, basically it.

Don't you think its a little foolish to judge a place on what it looks from the outside?

No, I have seen the inside of both and St Germans looks more appealing and if I am going to spend a year there then I want to like my surroundings. But is St Germans sociable or not?
Reply 37
Personally, I found Lafrowda to be far more sociable. Lafrowdas a first year kind of place, St. Germans is more like a third year kind of place, I would say.
Reply 38
Also, is James Owen Court full of people from St Lukes?
amoramor
Also, is James Owen Court full of people from St Lukes?

No way. Definitely won't be next year anyway, because I believe there will be no more St Lukes :p: am I right in saying this?

Latest

Trending

Trending