The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 1
I'm assuming that's what the big building site at the end of Woodland Road is...
Looks ok (as far as a building site can), probably costs a bomb though.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
From my accomodation print outs:

"Woodland Court, a new residence opening in September 2005, is less than 5 minutes away from any part of the Precinct...This new residence will provide en suite accommodation arranged in flats."

There are 107 rooms- all en suite and self catered.
Reply 3
Sounds quite like the Hawthorns - just be wary, they don't have a bar in there, so I'm not sure whether they will in Woodland Court.
Reply 4
hmmm ok. I plan to fly over (from ireland) at the end of april for a look around anyways so any problems ie a lack of alcohol, can be ironed out.
Reply 5
Thats what the website has to say about it - looks quite good!

http://www.bris.ac.uk/accom/woodland.html
Reply 6
It's in a very good location. 5 minutes to the university one way, 5 mins to Whiteladies Road the other (shops, bars, pubs etc., including a full sized Sainsbury's)
Reply 7
Is it going to be for undergraduates next year though? It says its going to be for both undergraduates and postgraduates but is only in the postgrad section of their website.
Reply 8
Couldn't tell you to be honest, this is the first I know about it apart from walking past a building site every day. Sorry.
The rent is ridiculous though!!!!
Reply 10
At £3570 per term I think I'll give it a miss!
Reply 11
You're paying for the location. The Stoke Bishop halls are far cheaper - even the catered ones are cheaper per year than that.
Reply 12
It does sound luxurious though. My entire student loan would be gone instantly if I got in there! no food no nothing lol
Reply 13
There's other halls that have got the same facilities though - Durdham is en-suite for example, and they all have Resnet (high speed internet) connection points.
El Pollo Diablo
There's other halls that have got the same facilities though - Durdham is en-suite for example, and they all have Resnet (high speed internet) connection points.

Why is Durdham cheaper than Goldney when it's ensuite? That strikes me as a bit strange.
Reply 15
Heck, where did £3570 a term come from, that sounds ridiculous. Thought it was £85 a week according to their website.
Reply 16
susiemakemeblue
Why is Durdham cheaper than Goldney when it's ensuite? That strikes me as a bit strange.

Because again with Goldney you pay for the location - Clifton halls cost more than the Stoke Bishop ones.

Latest

Trending

Trending