The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Surely it's their money to give to whom they wish?
Reply 2
Nice to see you generalise people.

Some people are homeless due to unfortunate circumstances such as being kicked out of their home due to various disagreements.

Also, some don't mug and steal. Look at the big issue workers.
Punk Phloyd
Surely it's their money to give to whom they wish?

yes you have a valid point and i agree with it,

HOWEVER.... i just think that people should not give such a huge sum of money to beggers.
did you know a lot of beggers actually drive nice cars and live in really nice houses? they just put rags on during the day and go around scrounging in rich areas, or enclosed spaces like the petrol station carlos_x got cornered in..
Reply 4
word
why do charities exist?
it's not our fault people are starving in Africa.. so tell me why those begging scum deserve handouts
exactly... it is these "begging scum" who beat me to within an inch of my life a year ago... if no one gave them money for drugs, they wouldn't have been high, and probably wouldn't have attacked me.

and yes, why do we give money to random strangers in africa, its just crazy
Reply 6
trainfarequestion

HOWEVER.... i just think that people should not give such a huge sum of money to beggers.
did you know a lot of beggers actually drive nice cars and live in really nice houses? they just put rags on during the day and go around scrounging in rich areas, or enclosed spaces like the petrol station carlos_x got cornered in..

And your evidence for this is....?

Ten pounds is not a "huge sum of money", at least not to a person in a job, but it may well be the difference between a cold and hungry night and a cold but not-so-hungry night for a person on the streets.

As I said in Carlos' thread, there may well be people out there who beg to get drugs, but there are still many who are homeless because they're basically unlucky. I don't think anyone should ever have to apologise or excuse themselves for trying to help a fellow human being.
Do something about it, or shut up. This is going nowhere, where the OP will blatantly argue with anybody's opinion that differs to theirs over this.

No doubt I'll be quoted by OP soon.
Reply 8
Champagne Supernova
Do something about it, or shut up. This is going nowhere, where the OP will blatantly argue with anybody's opinion that differs to theirs over this.

No doubt I'll be quoted by OP soon.

:confused: Was that aimed at me?
Nick_000
Nice to see you generalise people.

Some people are homeless due to unfortunate circumstances such as being kicked out of their home due to various disagreements.

Also, some don't mug and steal. Look at the big issue workers.

:ditto:
HoVis
:confused: Was that aimed at me?

Not at all.

Talking to the OP.

As a general rule, I reply to other people's post with a quote.
I reply to the OP with no quote.

Sorry :s-smilie:
Reply 11
Champagne Supernova
Not at all.

Talking to the OP.

As a general rule, I reply to other people's post with a quote.
I reply to the OP with no quote.

Sorry :s-smilie:

That's ok, I was just being all blonde and confused. :smile:
trainfarequestion

It's spelt beggars. You managed to get it right in your first post.

(Sorry for being pedantic :redface: )

Latest

Trending

Trending