The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

icn06
Okay so I have no idea what a chav is. Once on a bus in London there was a man who spoke English so strangely I could barely understand him then he walked out and started peeing on the sidewalk (in broad daylight). Does that count as a chav?

no that counts as being drunk. I do believe being drunk is a common occurrence throughout the world
Yuffie
They're pretty pleasant and helpful in Liverpool.

they are about as pleasant and helpful as you are beneficial to the world.

NOT VERY!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 62
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
no that counts as being drunk. I do believe being drunk is a common occurrence throughout the world

Well as a psych student I like to think alcohol isn't the only explanation for odd behavior. I mean I know what a frickin drunk looks like...But fine majority rules I'll just say he was a drunk! *still questions it*
Reply 63
A lot of the chavs I know are very nice underneath the tracksuits and fake gold jewellery, but the ones I know don't beat people up and steal.

Although when I used to wear a uniform the chavs from the local school used to call me and my friends neeks and throw stuff at us, ranging from chips to rocks. How I hated that uniform.
woop woop middle class smugness
Reply 65
lolly_lu666
they are about as pleasant and helpful as you are beneficial to the world.

NOT VERY!!!!!!!!!!

Whose dupe are you?
Reply 66
Haha... I used to live in Dagenham, Essex.... plllleeeeeently of them there. Never been in any trouble with them though.
Reply 67
trainfarequestion
was the chav that insulted ur sister a guy or a girl?
the chav was a guy. nobody's going to say that to my sister and get away with it
Yuffie
Whose dupe are you?

I'm not a dupe.
Reply 69
Me being me got me into trouble with the police for retaliating. Ill set the scene. Were sat in the park 15 years of age drinking cheap bottles of fosters. Its dark and were running out. A group of chavvy types walk past. One decides he wants our remaining bottles. Me with the only nearly full one left. He comes to me, trys to grab it off me. I stand up and being 6'4 he backs off a bit. I slightly larger one comes up and starts goin on about how i should give him the bottles or ill get my head kicked in etc. Well i thinks to myself yeah you can have the bottle. Being lairy anyway i proceed to smash it over his head. Not the best idea i know but i dont care theyd do it to me so why not?

Dont be scared of them. Their no "harder" than any normal person, so why they think they can go round like their higher up in the food chain is beyond me. Fight fire with fire. They nearly always back down. I can fight, i dont like to fight but i can look after myself if needs be. Im tall,slim but toned. Also all this dont fight back rubbish is the reason they pick on you. Weve all got it in us to give someone a good kicking. If your in a situation think like them.
Reply 70
they have bad exoperiences with me

i bang them all day every day
lol that must have been pretty scary. Although if you had balls of steel and weren't scared in the slightest, it would have been ******* funny if you crept towards the stairs yourself then just went AHHHHHHHHHHH as you popped round the corner to scare the ******* **** out of him. Although getting knifed would be the unfunny bit XD

Short of the AHHHHHHHH!, that's exactly what I did. It was either that or hide in the cupboard :ninja:
Reply 72
Sine
Yep, when I lived in an all white area....they were proper chavs...they like climbed on top of bulidings and showed us their arses like wtf :lolwut:

That's a bit racist. If I said "When I lived in an all black area people were always stabbing me" I'd get ripped to shreds.
Reply 73
I was walking to my mates house in about yr10 and there were a few chavs being all loud, one knoticed that we were lookin and made the statement 'what u lookin at' as they do. He was between 18 -20 i guess and we just keep walking on. He keeps shouting 'what u lookin at' and my mate turns around. Then the chav comes up to us with his mate behind him, and grabs my mate by the neck and pushes him into the fence.
My brother is a chav/ned. He steals from me, punches holes in my bedroom door and generally acts like a ****.
When I was young we had alot of trouble with chavs. They bet us up, stole from us, called us names. The bullies in school were also mainly chavs and all under-acheivers. I absolutely hated the lot of them. Now that Im older, I know its wrong to just generaly hate any cultural group. Even so, it is very hard to understand and relate to chav culture. Bullying and un-prevoked assault is just wrong and makes me angry just thinking about it.
Reply 76
nigel_s
That's a bit racist. If I said "When I lived in an all black area people were always stabbing me" I'd get ripped to shreds.

Loool, im not saying that it happened because it was an all white area ...i'm just saying that's where it happened....anyways, i guess there was no need to mention the fact that it was an all white area...i'll edit it... i really didn't mean anything by it...just giving background info.
Reply 77
where the **** do you live...... :s

Earley, which believe it or not is a fairly nice leafy suburb
halbeth
Smacked in the face... been dragged across a pavement by my hair... verbal abuse...

All completely unprovoked unless you count long hair and an iron maiden t-shirt as provocation.

They're all worthless scum and I wouldn't spit on any one of them if they were on fire.

"Oh my god you f*cking goffs" followed by a lot of threats was my favourite one from our 'friendly' local chavs. The fact was that I was with three people: one is a metalhead, one looked like more of chav herself and one was more normal. I think I was wearing a fair amount of black - but nothing to justify calling me/my friends a goth. Our local PCSO is actually scared of this bunch of 13-18 year olds and can often be found inside the off-license talking to the shopkeepers whilst the kids outside run riot.

Another time, on a bus in a different part of town I ended up alone on a top deck of a bus with 5 male chavs. They had been obnoxious for the whole journey, making bomb threats, racist & personal comments etc. They wanted me to come ice skating with them else they were going to "f*cking rape me". When I declined, they came to the conclusion that I couldn't understand their Bristolian (I could) because I was the only one that "spoke proper like".

On the other side, people who I work with who might generally be regarded as chavs are all lovely :smile: Although I did have some trouble with an 11yo kid with ADHD who kept calling me "posh" (the name has stuck in some quarters). Turned out that the reason he thought I was posh was not because I have been to a private school but because I keep a few pet chickens in my back garden - he seemed to think that keeping chickens was like having horses or something lol.
What a wonderful world indeed.

Latest

Trending

Trending