The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No...
Reply 2
No. Next thread.
I didn't drink Red Bull or coffee when I was doing my A Levels and I'm fairly certain that had A*s been around then, I'd have got A*A*B.

That said, I ate ridiculous amounts of Smarties. As in, ridiculous amounts of Smarties :yep:
Reply 4
It can help.

Side topic: Is drinking red bull before an exam good for your exam performance?
Reply 5
:rofl:

No. But Red Bull can give you wings.
Reply 6
The_Lonely_Goatherd

That said, I ate ridiculous amounts of Smarties. As in, ridiculous amounts of Smarties :yep:

LMAO :rofl:

I love Smarties too... in fact I love most food. I never drunk coffee or red bull while at school or college ever and frequently got 90%+. In university unfortunately my term didn't start all too well and I had to resort to pro-plus to get me through the first semester exam season... Whoops!
Reply 7
tlozoot
It can help.

Side topic: Is drinking red bull before an exam good for your exam performance?

No... Well not according to my friend anyway... She apparently drunk two cans before her final Economics exam and was so hyped up she kept shaking throughout and her writing was apparently a state due to it... :p:
Reply 8
keekee107
No... Well not according to my friend anyway... She apparently drunk two cans before her final Economics exam and was so hyped up she kept shaking throughout and her writing was apparently a state due to it... :p:

Ahh, I wouldn't go as far to drink two. I find one can before an essay based exam can help because I find these exams to be ultimately about how fluid you write on the day. The caffeine makes me feel alert and I guess allows me to string sentences better.
Jeez. 85% would be such a dream :smile:
Reply 10
keekee107

Shaking after 2 cans..? :s-smilie: More like 6 or 7!
Reply 11
No.
No, it's mainly because of cocaine.
Reply 13
Well I'm in high school, but: without coffee I'd never be able to achieve above a B. Actually everyone in my class who actually sleeps doesn't achieve higher than a B. That's how it is. I refuse Red Bull though, it tastes so chemical it feels like instant death.

I'm surprised so many people answered no. At school my Art History teacher has even begun to make us coffee in the lessons.

Edit: I'd go with juice or a smoothie before an exam though. I'd hate to have to get up and run to the bathroom because of all the coffee during an all important exam.
Reply 14
I never drank too much coffee or red bull and frequently got 100% at College/School.

At uni I'm getting high firsts nowadays - caffeine free.
Relentless!
Reply 16
It helps you pull off all nighters :smile:
I think I'm desensitized to caffine. I notice no difference.
Reply 18
i started shaking rely bad and couldnt write after one red bull :frown:
i want smarties. But i know i'd only be dissappointed by the not proper tube and the miserable colours if i went to get some now. The tube was awesome for blowing through & shooting the cap at people. Does anyone have a time machine?

As for red bull, i think it's a bit rubbish for drinking while studying. It makes me far too restless. It's great for doing physical work though, like packing to move house when you've left too much til the night before.

Latest

Trending

Trending