The Student Room Group
Reply 1
go to a dentist? i dont think its uncommon.
Reply 2
i think it counts as cosmetic dentistry cos the chipped tooth still functions ok.

i looked it on google it says its called costmetic dental contouring and is £40 tooth!!omg. dono what to do. might just get a file and file it down myself
Reply 3
It hurts like hell
Reply 4
how do u know??

didnt some tribe dojo or something, file their teeth to points? andyway its only maybe 3mm off or so, so not going to hit a nerve etc. can i do it myself?
Reply 5
You can try. But it will hurt like hell, and you run the risk of breaking bits off. And you won't be able to give it the finish that a proper dentist will.
Reply 6
I had a tooth filed years ago because it cut into the side of my gums. With two injections first it still absolutely hurt like ****, but I do have sensitive teeth. Theres no way in hell I'd ever try it myself though.
Reply 7
viviki
I had a tooth filed years ago because it cut into the side of my gums. With two injections first it still absolutely hurt like ****, but I do have sensitive teeth. Theres no way in hell I'd ever try it myself though.

but i only want a little bit off.

ok reading this, i'll go in the dentists. but i m thinking they'll only let me have it on the NHS if its for medical reason, otherwise they'll clean me out. im a bit scared to do it myself now :eek:
Reply 8
Even if you want the tiniest bit it'll hurt and you might chip a big portion off and make it worse.
I had it done a while ago because the ends of my teeth were a little jagged. It didn't hurt too much...
Reply 10
You could have the shorter tooth built up with composite so it matches the other one? It should cost you roughly the same as having it filed down and it doesn't hurt! :biggrin:
I have beaver teeth and have thought of filing them down...but we've made peace with each other :wink:
how deep are the nerves?

Latest

Trending

Trending