The Student Room Group

Can you generalise what students are like?

I just got rejected from Glasgow (my first choice) so now will be going to Edinburgh.

I was always a bit hesitant about Edinburgh as people always said the students will be the really hard working true scholar types, not much carrying on or banter, and quite posh aswell

just wondering if there is any truth in this?

I only ask as all my m8's say just judging by my personality and the way i act they'd think i was a real dumbass, lazy, loud, and generally just having banter all the time opposed to working ( i failed all my prelims this year :P)
No you cannot - I am a lot like you lol. There are people who study all the time; there are people who do even less than me; there are people who love sports like crazy and there are people who are very into microbiology journals etc etc - of course you can't....
Reply 2
I ones I know from the University of Edinburgh are a bunch of party crazed pissheads!

But they are often the type who work hard and play hard!
Reply 3
The stereotypes I've heard surrounding Edinburgh students make them out to be party animals. You'll be fine.
Reply 4
The word "banter" must die.
Reply 5
KwungSun
The word "banter" must die.

:nah:
The impression I get from Scottish students here is that Edinburgh students are a bit up themselves and from the upper classes, or at least act it. Having never met one, or ever been there, I can't personally comment...
Reply 7
I can remember reading on NMM that an Aberdeen medic mentioned he found talking to some Edinburgh medics akin to getting blood out of a stone. But I think that that stereotype has been generalised across a majority of Edinburgh med students too much. You'll find good 'uns and bad 'uns everywhere (whatever good 'uns and bad 'uns are?!).

Latest

Trending

Trending