The Student Room Group
You could ask people on the medicine forum, they might be able to help :smile:
Reply 2
Arj1992
Ok, so I have decided on 2 of my 4 choices to study medicine but I'm having trouble with my last two...
Its either.

1)Manchester
2)Leicter
3)HYMS
4)Cardiff
5)Sheffield

What do you think is the best 2 out of the lot?

My other 2 are/will be...
1)Queen Mary's
2)Imperial

Have you visited the places? WHat did you think of them? Whereabouts in the country would you rather live?
Even more importantly...What course style do you prefer: of those listed, some are PBL and some are more traditional courses. Do you want early clinical experience? Eg Cardiff, you get very little patient contact in the first 2 years, but HYMS you get a lot more.
It's not a case of which we think are the best, it's got to be you who decides as you could be spending 5/6 years there so you have to be happy.
Reply 3
Arj1992
Ok, so I have decided on 2 of my 4 choices to study medicine but I'm having trouble with my last two...
Its either.

1)Manchester
2)Leicter
3)HYMS
4)Cardiff
5)Sheffield

What do you think is the best 2 out of the lot?

My other 2 are/will be...
1)Queen Mary's
2)Imperial

at the moment i would just be researching the courses and trying to find out what would suit you (HYMS, Barts and Manchester are PBL - is that for you?).
i wouldn't be deciding anything just yet. wait till you sit the ukcat as that will help you narrow down your choices, because Sheffield use it a lot (you needed 670+ for an interview this year, and 625+ for Manchester). Bart's have a cut off, and leicester and HYMS operate on a points system.
Reply 4
Isometrix
at the moment i would just be researching the courses and trying to find out what would suit you (HYMS, Barts and Manchester are PBL - is that for you?).
i wouldn't be deciding anything just yet. wait till you sit the ukcat as that will help you narrow down your choices, because Sheffield use it a lot (you needed 670+ for an interview this year, and 625+ for Manchester). Bart's have a cut off, and leicester and HYMS operate on a points system.

As Isometrix has quite rightly pointed out you have applied to some very different courses.

Could I be so bold as to ask you to explain what draws you to those places?

Latest

Trending

Trending