The Student Room Group
Reply 1
sarahs
What did you get in GCSE, A level Maths and Further Maths and where are you studying maths now???

GCSE=A*
Maths Alevel = A
Further Maths = A
And providing I get a B in economics this year, I'm studying maths at Imperial College in Autumn
Reply 2
GCSE A*
Alevel maths = i need to average a C this year to end up wit an A
ASlevel fmaths = need to average a B this year to end up wit an A
doing Step I and AEA, "jus for fun", probly get 2 fails there

Then hopefully gona study maths at bath next year
sarahs
What did you get in GCSE, A level Maths and Further Maths and where are you studying maths now???

GCSE: A*
Maths A-Level: A
F.Maths AS: A
F.Maths A2: predicted A (taking it in summer)
Hopefully I'll go to Oxford in October to do Maths and Philosophy :smile:
I got pretty much the same as other people here.

GCSE: A*
A-Level Maths: A
A-Level F-Maths: A

At York doing maths at the moment.
Reply 5
gcse A*
A2 A
Further Maths..want an a but need 45.6% to do it :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 6
Anybody doing maths or applying to do maths without an A at A-level?
Reply 7
GCSE: B
Minimum Expected Grade (MEG): C/D (based upon my GCSEs)
Core 1: A
Discrete 1: A
Reply 8
No GCSE
Maths and FMaths at full A-levels: A (95+)
Reply 9
GCSE: A
A-Level: A
Graduated from Leeds with a 2:2 last summer

And who ever asked about maths with out getting an A, there were plenty of people on my course with a B at Alevel who came away with much better results than me!!
GCSE maths (at 14 i would like to add) : A*

A level Maths: A

Now at Exeter doing MSOR

love Katy***
Dam
Anybody doing maths or applying to do maths without an A at A-level?

I know of a few people at Exeter doing maths with a C at A level, and theres a large group with a B, of my friends im the only one with an A.

love Katy***
Reply 12
ickle_katy
I know of a few people at Exeter doing maths with a C at A level, and theres a large group with a B, of my friends im the only one with an A.

love Katy***

Yeah I know they were asking for a C in maths through clearing the year that we started. How do you find it has it been much harder than A-level, are most people getting through it OK?

Its far to late for me to be asking this but I'm just curious
Reply 13
GCSE - A
AS Maths - A
A2 Maths - Haven't sat the exams yet..next month :smile:.
Uni - Hoping to do maths at Reading.

Not done any further maths.. *cries*. Planning to teach myself it just to give me some extra knowledge for when I start my degree.
hehe, i know i was offered CCC to do my course! I dont actually find the maths any harder than A level, whats harder is that in A level you do (or at least i did) 100's of examples and you *have* to do them, meaning that without knowing you actually learn the work, where as here....i get 4 questions a fortnight, and ok i normally do about 3 of these...but then come Exams i have to learn it all in one go, and that i find hard which is why im not doing so well!

Most people are getting through it ok, a few are doing amazingly, most people are getting along on about 50% at the moment - which is what you'd expect!

love Katy***
Reply 15
GCSE Maths - A*
done most of A-level Maths now and hoping to get an A, with a bit of luck and revision
A-level Further Maths - who knows, not done it yet :p:
Reply 16
GCSE: A
AS: A
A2: find out soon enough

Going to Notts or York provided I get an A in Maths.
gcse A
alevel B

gave up on maths
died

Latest