The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
*Sparkle*
My guarantor form didn't have anything about income on it. My parents didn't want to sign it because "you're twenty...you're an adult..it's not our problem" so I had to forge it, but I just had to stick his name and address on it.

yep you are an adult hence should be able to look after a house and the financial side.... but guess what... the word STUDENT and DO WHAT I SAY go together... I hate being a student, just get ripped of on housing.

OP just forge it and cross that bridge when you get to it.
Lie, say you were from care and have no parents... they will cave in or have all your housemates angry parents on the phone. Or you can get the accommodation that you are staying in now for a reference.
rebeccaa
Look.... just hand in the form. IT WILL BE OK!!! They only ask for details as you are a student. They have hundreds of students and paperwork.
I have handled well over 1200 "guarantor" forms. All we look for is that they are employed full time. NO credit checks, nothing. The landlord is not giving your parents credit and neither is the landlord renting the property to yourself. You are the one on the agrement hence they have no reason for them to credit check your parents.
The first instalment is due soon? Or at least a deposit. The landlord will be wanting to get the house signed for.
Just hand in the paperwork, lie, and see what happens!

They ask for a work address and employer details, I cannot forge that kind of information. I've paid for everything so they're fine with it, I just need to get a guarantor. I'm pretty desperate for help, please can anybody out there help me? I will be so grateful.
Reply 22
only-the-chosen-remain
They ask for a work address and employer details, I cannot forge that kind of information. I've paid for everything so they're fine with it, I just need to get a guarantor. I'm pretty desperate for help, please can anybody out there help me? I will be so grateful.

You can, they do not check!!!!
Reply 23
I do not know why some one has neg repped me.
I actually have dealings with student lettings and credit scores.
Just put a fake company or pick one from the phone book, such as BT and give some call centre number. The lettings agency will not do a credit check. Credit checks cost money. It is only procedure to ask for a guarantor because you are not in full time eployment, hence they can chase your parents/guarantor if you do not pay. If the lettings company was goint to do a credit check on the guarantor and the credit check was bad, then there are hundreds or students which would find it difficult to find a place. The company can not carry out a credit check because they are not giving the gurantor credit.
If the lettings company does refuse your gurantor will out your grandmas details, but seeing as she does not work they may not accept her. Furthermore you can contact your dad. If you are worried about taking your step fathers name, well just get a contract without your second name on it.

Just hand in the forms, it is easter a lot of people will be having the weekend of. Moreover he lettings company should of had tenants signed up for your house already, so they want you and your housemates to take that house. You have said that the lettings compnay need a guaranor, and they will not bend the rules, well we can not help you, it is their rule.

Just hand in the paperwork and you will hear no more.
I've got somebody now... he's a lifesaver, lovely bloke. Right have my life story: Look, its not the credit check thing, its the fact that I have certain principles and getting my parents to be a guarantor would've been a massive favour anyway as you can probably tell, they are not well off at all, I think I've got the poorest background out of all my friends, so that was nice they were prepared to take the risk. So, to ask them to lie is overstepping the mark, I can't bear the risk of them getting in trouble for me as well as the financial risk. They have a pretty hard life anyway with my step dad being disabled, and I have two younger brothers. As my step dad is registered disabled, and my mum as his carer, the government does stringent checks to make sure they aren't lying, so if anything happened and saw that form, there would be major legal implications. My biological father is a lazy, unemployed, melo-dramatic, delusional pothead (I have nothing against recreational drug use but people whose life centre on it make me angry), a pathetic excuse for a human being. I do everything to make sure he is not involved in my life at all, he treated my mum pretty bad, so he's lucky I go to visit him now and then. Thanks for trying to help anyway, but my point is that the guarantor rule is pretty bad for people who literally have nobody who fulfil that criteria.
Reply 25
The goverment would never find out nor care. You will pay your rent on time, just as you have for the last year and if you default then you would sort it out with the lettings agency. Seeing as they are unemployed and on benefits, do not own any equity, if you defaulted on your payment, then the lettings agency would not get any money out of your parents and it is your debit so the lettings agency would take you to "court". There are worse things to lie about, such as if they were not disabled, and clamied disability benefits as well as working cash in hand.... but lying about a gurantor is nothing to worry about.
I have principles as well... when i got burged in halls I had to get my father to call up the university to get them to change the locks. I have principles, and I was 23, had not lived at home for five years but sometimes you get people to do things to get your own way. You only need a gurantor because you are a student and not earning. Of course if you were employed full time I would not expect your parents or yourself to ask them to be gurantor.
Good for you for finding some one who is prepared to take on your debit.
Sorry if it came across as though I was implying you had no principles, its just I have a fault within myself about dishonesty, I know sometimes its best to omit the truth but I can never bring myself to do it. Thats pretty bad your dad had to ring the uni to get the locks changed, you'd think it'd be in their policy and probably in their best interests to do it. I know, but with my step-dad's family they are very strange with things like this, his brother in law refused to sign his own daughter's guarantor form, even though she's very responsible. The funny thing is my mum's side of the family would be willing to help out but they live abroad so again, willing to help but unable to, so frustrating! Yeah its nice somebody is prepared to take on my potential debt, he knows I'm a very responsible person with my money (like I don't have an overdraft, and have never needed one) and so that reflects his view, its quite complimentary.
Reply 27
Well you have to weight up if you should lie on behalf of your parents or have someone else have the worry of you not paying the debt. Personally I would rather lie myself and deal with the consequences.

Also to the idiot that neg repped me.... seriously, grow up.... apart from the fact the OP said they had no one to be a gurantor apart from his real dad who he did not want to make contact with, why neg rep me? If you weigh up the consiquences... lying knowing you will pay the rent and that your parents have no equity therefore the court can not take anything from them... seems silly not to lie. Of course the lettings agency have rules to protect their own business intrests but they also do not do the basic requirments like asking for a photocopy of yourpassport. I could give a false name and false details and they could not find me.

Latest

Trending

Trending