The Student Room Group

What's the earliest you have ever walked out of an exam!

Scroll to see replies

We're not allowed to leave. But i finished my French GCSE paper in about 15 mins, checked over for 5 mins and spent the other 25 minutes absent-mindedly drawing and got an A*. Although, i had way too many French lessons which is why i found the paper easy.
The GCSE German Writing paper. The exam was an hour long, and everyone was done in 15 minutes. They made us wait half hour before they thought it was okay to let us go. :shifty:
I never walk out of exams. I stay for the full duration even if I finished early.
After ten minutes. Yes, I am awesome.

Okay, okay, I had chickenpox :frown:
Finished my GCSE Dutch in 20 minutes.. Got an A* :biggrin:!
Your centre lets you leave the exam room early? Odd.

Now, I've finished every Computing exam I've done yet with at least half an hour to spare from the regular end time (and I get 25% extra time too, thank god taking it isn't mandatory and I can leave at that point) and got As in all. It's weird because I hate Computing passionately; heh, maybe my subconscious wants it to be over so soon that it puts my brain into overdrive.
Just because you manage to finish an exam early is not a indicator of intelligence. Its just stupid.
Reply 47
I walked out of OCR ICT with 20 minutes to go because I couldn't do it.

I got a C though, which I'm rather proud of.
Reply 48
finished my farm business management paper half an hour into a two hour exam just before christmas. got 84%
first year uni exams aren't really that hard on my course though
you can leave exams early!? we're not allowed to- its soo annoying. Back at gcse i finished a 2 hour maths exam after 40 minutes... that was boring, and got an A*, and this jan i finished C1 (1.5 hours) after 35 mins and got 100%- just had to sit daydreaming for ages, although for that one id promised the rest of my maths class that id act really stuck, so that was something to do for the rest of the time :smile:
I finished GCSE French in about 20 minutes xD
Reply 51
BJP
?? Well I hope they didn't give you any extra time - seeing as how that's cheating.

It's frowned upon at our school if you walk out early so I haven't yet apart from in Mocks and some piss-easy Young Enterprise exams. Dare say I will this Summer though seeing as how it'll be my last time taking exams there (I hope!! lol)..

lol I wasn't being literal :eek: I was just emphasising how in some exams you have so little time and in others so much :wink:. Besides I'm actually entitled to extra time due to educational needs at any rate.
Reply 52
I've never left early, even when I finished the paper ridiculously early and I never would; there's always something else you can double check/write. Exams are so short in the grand scheme of things that I think you owe it to yourself to spend the whole amount of time in there - otherwise it's a waste of all your revision time. Also, if I left an exam early and then didn't do well I wouldn't be able to forgive myself, even though staying there longer wouldn't necessarily mean I'd have done better. I wouldn't be able to leave an exam room knowing that I hadn't done everything I possibly could to get the best mark.
We've never been allowed to just walk out of an exam. :tongue:
Reply 54
never walk out early
2 hour exam, left after half an hour. Passed it though. Just.
Reply 56
Voldemort
Besides I'm actually entitled to extra time due to educational needs at any rate.

Right. Now firstly, I am accusing you of doing absolutely nothing wrong whatsoever but I'm going to have a rant about this as there are some people at my school and school's in my area who have absolutely no entitlement to extra time but get given it anyway. It annoys me because of the way they did computer tests to find out whether they needed it and they knew what it was for and so could perform poorly to get the extra time.

Now, I don't mind this if the paper is 90-120 minutes because that is ample time for me to finish (so far anyway). But when it's a 60 minute, very time-pressured one..I think "you don't read or write any slower than I do but there you are still sat in here while I walk out wishing I had an extra ten minutes to thoroughly check and elaborate on my answers!"

Again, not saying you (and indeed most of the people) that get it shouldn't, just that it is abused and in these cases - it's cheating!
Reply 57
We're allowed to leave 1 hour after the exam has started.

I THINK
Reply 58
Half an hour or something?
They weren't allowed to, but I was ill at the time and couldn't even as much as read my paper (I didn't know I had the exam - it was a few hours after my first, so I didn't have my medication on me, I reckon that's why I started feeling so off). They felt sorry for me and so let me go.

Other than that, never. I write loads, so I usually don't have much time afterwards in any case.
You can leave half an hour earlier before the exam finishes, no more though. Usually, they don't even let you do that.
I've only had short AS exams so far (an hour each), but I walked out of my GCSE Statistics exam about an hour and a half early (2hrs 30 was really too long for that exam, considering the amount I left blank). Ended up with an A, which came as a shock to me and the rest of the world, as I totally didn't deserve it.

Quick Reply

Latest