The Student Room Group

Whats up with the Israel-Palestine blame game?

I was just looking at the "Israeli troops admit Gaza abuses" thread and I was wondering.

Whats the point?

Why do people feel the need to debate Israel-Palestine and blame each other since the Gaza bombings most active posts consist of things like: "Israel killed 1000 civilians, I hate Jews" or "Hamas bombed us first, I hate Palestineans". And most of the comments in the thread are just retarded things like "Some Zionist is gonna say we're anti-semetic now" Seriously the only person this is helping is your own ****** up ego.

To be honest I don't care who caused what or who to blame, my mind is already made up on that. So how about we start talking about constructive solutions on how to solve the problem, instead of blaming people. Lets look to the future instead of the past.

Anyway I think one multicultural state for both Jews and Muslims, where everyone has equal rights and where both extremist Palestinean and Israeli groups are disbanded would be a good way to solve the conflict. Also get Israeli and Arab leaders to sit down and discuss their problems (It might sound childish but, If they're going to act like children, Then this is the only way to solve it)
In the meanwhile I think that the areas of the West Bank and Gaza Strip should be administered by a neutral body (e.g. The UN) until it is rebuilt and Palestineans are integrated into Israeli society and vice versa.
Also get countries to stop supplying home-made bombs to Hamas (which will hopefully, not be around anymore) and the US and UK need to make efforts to streghten it's relations with the Arab world.

Anyone else got a better solution. I'd love to hear it.
dejongajongjong
Anyway I think one multicultural state for both Jews and Muslims, where everyone has equal rights and where both extremist Palestinean and Israeli groups are disbanded would be a good way to solve the conflict. Also get Israeli and Arab leaders to sit down and discuss their problems (It might sound childish but, If they're going to act like children, Then this is the only way to solve it)

This whole conflict grew out of the desire for a people to make an ethnic state with one ethnic group being the majority and in control. They won't accept a multi-ethnic state with all citizens having equal rights like in the democracies they claim to admire.
Reply 2
dejongajongjong
I was just looking at the "Israeli troops admit Gaza abuses" thread and I was wondering.

Whats the point?

Why do people feel the need to debate Israel-Palestine and blame each other since the Gaza bombings most active posts consist of things like: "Israel killed 1000 civilians, I hate Jews" or "Hamas bombed us first, I hate Palestineans". And most of the comments in the thread are just retarded things like "Some Zionist is gonna say we're anti-semetic now" Seriously the only person this is helping is your own ****** up ego.

To be honest I don't care who caused what or who to blame, my mind is already made up on that. So how about we start talking about constructive solutions on how to solve the problem, instead of blaming people. Lets look to the future instead of the past.

Well said.

dejongajongjong

In the meanwhile I think that the areas of the West Bank and Gaza Strip should be administered by a neutral body (e.g. The UN) until it is rebuilt and Palestineans are integrated into Israeli society and vice versa.
Also get countries to stop supplying home-made bombs to Hamas (which will hopefully, not be around anymore) and the US and UK need to make efforts to streghten it's relations with the Arab world.

Anyone else got a better solution. I'd love to hear it.

I would be completely against a 'one-state solution' to the Israeli/Palestinian conflict - it's simply not viable. Plus, Israel should have a Jewish majority - in my opinion. If we were to have a single-state, Jews would automatically become a minority - and their presence as a percentage of the overall population would continuously decline due to the breeding habits of a certain group.

A two-state solution - with Gaza possibly integrated into Egypt would be more likely to succeed in the long-term.
Reply 3
CrazyDancingElf
This whole conflict grew out of the desire for a people to make an ethnic state with one ethnic group being the majority and in control. They won't accept a multi-ethnic state with all citizens having equal rights like in the democracies they claim to admire.

And who are 'they'? The millions of Jewish people in Israel? Did they nominate you to speak on their behalf?
Simmons1234
And who are 'they'? The millions of Jewish people in Israel? Did they nominate you to speak on their behalf?

Do you seriously believe it's a controversial statement that the majority of Jewish people in Israel support Israel as a Jewish state?
Reply 5
We have a generic thread on this topic for a reason. Use it people.

Latest

Trending

Trending