The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
yede
i really dont wanna get the usual boots bath stuff set, but have no clue what else to get. got any ideas?

dvd? pretty cheap these days or why dont you take her out for a meal, a lot of restaurants are doing mothers day deals
Reply 2
Give her a ticket for a massage or something?
Reply 3
Eats Shoots and Leaves - for yourself.
zef99
Eats Shoots and Leaves - for yourself.

Really witty.
Reply 5
Buy something unusual.

My sister has bought my mum a tap for an African Village on one occasion.

Basically you make a donation and you get a card saying your gift helps to provide water and the tap has a thing with your name on it, so the people know who donated the tap.

She might like that, and then get her a small 'material' gift like a dvd or tasteful ornament.
Reply 6
get some flowers delivered by interflora!

that's what i've done.
My sister and I bought my mum one of these posters:

and had it framed :smile:
Reply 8
sanctuary.
Reply 9
Flowers always do the trick :wink:
Something you make is really nice too and she'll cherish it more than something you buy her.
If not, then you can opt for a gift card to her favourite store, movies, etc. Depends on what she likes :biggrin:

Hope this helps and good luck! :smile:
Reply 10
Mr. Orange
Really witty.

Glad you liked it bbz.
Reply 11
zef are you causing trouble
Reply 12
me? never

Reply 13
nneka!
dvd? pretty cheap these days or why dont you take her out for a meal, a lot of restaurants are doing mothers day deals
Especially in Zavvi. Saw some big, fairly new releases for about £4 in there.

It depends how much you want to spend. I got my mum the new Coldplay CD, becuase we are going to see them. And it will also be a little pressy for me too :smile:
I never usually bother getting her anything, only if i know there is something she would want and use.
Reply 14
Big Business loves fickle fools like yourself OP.
Reply 15
I got my mum a Jackie magazine :o: I'm just hoping she did used to buy it when she was younger or she'll think wtf! Also got her a gift bag I've put together with some smellies, a nightie and other bits and bobs! :smile:
Reply 16
a framed photo of you both is always a winner.

im really struggling too, ive already done everything everyone has sugggested in previous years =/
Reply 17
I bought my Mum the series 1 boxset of Fame,according to my Dad she was mad on the show in the 80s.

My advice: give your Mum something that reminds her of her youth or something about her children or smellys.Or the good old bunch of flowers :yep:
Something handmade, perhaps a small book of photographs of the 2 of you together. A nice piece of jewellery? Box set of her favourite tv show? Something nice for the house or her bedroom? Breakfast in bed with some flowers and a handmade card by you?
Reply 19
interflora!

Latest

Trending

Trending