The Student Room Group

Employment Law

Does anyone know of a good concise text book.

We are currently using Smith and Woods Industrial Law and I hate it, its got the most boring font and the writing style is so dry I can't concentrate on it for more than 10 mins.
I want something I can read through for exam revision thats nice and has the topics well set out but detailed enough for exams. I don't want something like a nutshells they are too basic.

Any ideas??
Reply 1
viviki
Does anyone know of a good concise text book.

We are currently using Smith and Woods Industrial Law and I hate it, its got the most boring font and the writing style is so dry I can't concentrate on it for more than 10 mins.
I want something I can read through for exam revision thats nice and has the topics well set out but detailed enough for exams. I don't want something like a nutshells they are too basic.

Any ideas??

smith and wood is the best book, its great, i am doing my llm in employment law in the moment and both the people who write it teach me on my masters, they are great :-)
Reply 2
Its the dryest book on the planet. I can't read it I fall asleep.

I bought Selwyns law of employment today and already know more about employment law than I have in months of reading Smith and Woods. Their writing style just doesn't work for me I'm afraid. I'm a very visual reader.
Its got all the key information probably more than Selwyn but I can't cope with the way its set out. It doesn't stick in my head.
Reply 3
it is quite a hard going book, try reading it again after learning the basics of employment law then it might be easier. I used it for my ug module too and it took me a while to get into , but now i find the detail in it is brilliant.

Latest

Trending

Trending