The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Scroll to see replies

Not sure about that! Just got stuck in when it counted! Though it did leave me vulnerable to a shocking attack of the resits this summer. I have a weird perspective as I lived in exeter for a couple years before going to uni there as a mature student, though i was 23 when I started last year.

Being older didn't matter a bit in halls, though i was alas an obvious selection to be the duryard father christmas :smile:

I also look like a viking, and there seem to be people on campus who only know me as viking though i don't really mind. I might have a job in the ram next term (though unconfirmed) so come say hi and have a chat :smile:
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
eleanor.ellis
hey hey hey, well heres a plan, hows about we all put the reputation of holland hall to rest by going there and having an MAZING time getting to know everyone, have parties etc. Lifes what you make of it people! anyone else in?
I know for sure that im not snobby or even slightly sloane esq, and no one else who has posted on here does either.
Youll find me knocking on peoples doors saying hello and i think we should all do the same! anyone else in?

I'm DEFINITELY No posh snob, and if anyone there is then it's their loss! i'l join you in the knocking on doors....and if it is as bad as everyone makes out then we can be common together :-)
Do you have ur room number yet?
It says i'm C13-4...no idea what that means!
Reply 42
rkswilliams
I'm DEFINITELY No posh snob, and if anyone there is then it's their loss! i'l join you in the knocking on doors....and if it is as bad as everyone makes out then we can be common together :-)
Do you have ur room number yet?
It says i'm C13-4...no idea what that means!

Count me in too, I'm in C12-03 does anyone know what this means??? I can't wait now!!
Reply 43
The Viking! Awesome, I will be looking out for you Thor. Do you carry an Axe at all? Braided hair?
emzr
Count me in too, I'm in C12-03 does anyone know what this means??? I can't wait now!!

How do you know what room you are in?! im starting to get really worried, i havent recieved anything telling me what room im in! or when to arrive - what are these welcome packs!? i had a thing telling me id got into holland and to send off my deposit, then i got confirmation that id done that buts ince then nothing really! argh worried!
As soon as i find out what room im in you are alling coming over! party woohoo!
CW Esq
The Viking! Awesome, I will be looking out for you Thor. Do you carry an Axe at all? Braided hair?

Bull Horn Helmet? Club? Optional Longboat?
Reply 46
John, can you be my adopted father at Exeter? I will pay you an allowance of £5 a month, and in return I can follow you wherever I want. OK?
Reply 47
eleanor.ellis
How do you know what room you are in?! im starting to get really worried, i havent recieved anything telling me what room im in! or when to arrive - what are these welcome packs!? i had a thing telling me id got into holland and to send off my deposit, then i got confirmation that id done that buts ince then nothing really! argh worried!
As soon as i find out what room im in you are alling coming over! party woohoo!

Don't worry, If you log into ur Student Record (www.srs.ex.ac.uk) then go to change my personal details or something simillar, it will say under uni address what number ur room is! Hope this helps, what are u studying?
Reply 48
Is anyone in Block C in Holland? I've just read over previous posts and IM really worried about the atmostphere or lack there of in holland! I went to Exeter yday to have a look about and managed to persuade a housekeeper to let me look at a room in holland and I think I remember that the doors of the rooms swing shut automatically (unlike in some of the other halls) so everyone remember door stoppers (or a heavy text book!!) to keep their doors open for atmostphere!
See you all next weekend!
Reply 49
Hey Emzr i'm in block c! Holland Hall is gonna be great, don't listen to the critics! If it had a bad reputation last year, it's our job to set the record straight.
Reply 50
El Capitan
Hey Emzr i'm in block c! Holland Hall is gonna be great, don't listen to the critics! If it had a bad reputation last year, it's our job to set the record straight.

You're right, every hall starts each year with a clean slate of people (if you know what I mean) so why should the atmostphere in Holland be any different? I can't wait now, i really wish we were moving in on sat, what time are u getting there on sun?
I'm moving into holland on saturday. I can't wait!
Reply 52
emzr
You're right, every hall starts each year with a clean slate of people (if you know what I mean) so why should the atmostphere in Holland be any different? I can't wait now, i really wish we were moving in on sat, what time are u getting there on sun?

I'm travelling from Surrey so it's gonna be 4 hrs there i reckon, so I'd guess I'm going to arrive about 1pm on Sunday. I think we're going to the buffet lunch as well. Have u worked out what the room numbers mean yet? I'm C13-09.
emzr
Don't worry, If you log into ur Student Record (www.srs.ex.ac.uk) then go to change my personal details or something simillar, it will say under uni address what number ur room is! Hope this helps, what are u studying?

hey thanks! thats sorted me, was starting to imagine arriving and having to doss in a corridor. im in A11/04. Please come and see me!
anyone else around there?
angel_flo
I'm moving into holland on saturday. I can't wait!

me too! where are you living?
Block E, floor 3, room 20! I think that's how the code thing works! lol

Latest

Trending

Trending