The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
kartrak
u can figure it out by checking the weekly room tarrif...mine is 102 gbp per week i believe...which is the same as the 5 room share , so there u go...

Ugh thats me to then. This is nuts. I even had a medical reason for needing my own place and they ignored it. I am going to have to make some calls tomorrow morning.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 21
zuzzys
OMG. me too but I'm in Edward Salvesen Hall. I asked for a studio aswell but got put in a standard single, but it doesnt mention how many roommates I wil have.

Ohh, the same for me. I applied for a studio, but got a standard single as well.
Hey, I've been googling around a bit and I found a guy's blog with quite a few pictures of Churchill House @ Richmond place, I'm posting it here for all to see.

http://ngyahloon.blogspot.com/2006/09/churchill-house-richmond-place.html

Note: if the photos doesnt show up for you (it took a few tries to load on mine) if you click on the empty space where the photo should be then the full size one should come up.

and IMO, it looks a lot newer than I thought. and I hope to all that is holy that there's more fridges in the blind spot because there's no way in hell that that tiny thing could possible hold 10 people's worth of food. could it? but on a positive side, I like how everyone seems to get their own lockable pantry.
Reply 23
Mr.Bigglesworth
Hey, I've been googling around a bit and I found a guy's blog with quite a few pictures of Churchill House @ Richmond place, I'm posting it here for all to see.

http://ngyahloon.blogspot.com/2006/09/churchill-house-richmond-place.html

Note: if the photos doesnt show up for you (it took a few tries to load on mine) if you click on the empty space where the photo should be then the full size one should come up.

and IMO, it looks a lot newer than I thought. and I hope to all that is holy that there's more fridges in the blind spot because there's no way in hell that that tiny thing could possible hold 10 people's worth of food. could it? but on a positive side, I like how everyone seems to get their own lockable pantry.

Thanks! I've been wondering what Churchill House will look like.
Hello all!
I'll be living in Richmond Place too! You all ought to join the facebook group so we can maybe get to know eachother a bit better
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic=9553&post=61049&uid=126531571392#/group.php?gid=102754888358&ref=ts
Looking forward to meeting you all!

Jacqueline
Reply 25
J.L.Patterson
Hello all!
I'll be living in Richmond Place too! You all ought to join the facebook group so we can maybe get to know eachother a bit better
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic=9553&post=61049&uid=126531571392#/group.php?gid=102754888358&ref=ts
Looking forward to meeting you all!

Jacqueline

Thanks for posting that. I'm going to join the group now. What will you be studying?
Hey, I will be doing mine in Childhood Studies....looking forward to this all!
Reply 27
Hi,

I seem to be in a similar predicament regarding Uni accomodation. I applied for an ensuite room, and was offered a single study room in a 5-person flat at Edward Salvesen Hall.

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about the hall and whether you can recommend if I stay there or find an off-campus flat.

Thanks!
Reply 28
CH83
Hi,

I seem to be in a similar predicament regarding Uni accomodation. I applied for an ensuite room, and was offered a single study room in a 5-person flat at Edward Salvesen Hall.

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about the hall and whether you can recommend if I stay there or find an off-campus flat.

Thanks!

Hi!

Me too! I mean I applied for ensuite room, but got a standard room in the same hall. Anyway, I heard it was one of the best halls in Edinburgh. Besides, it's written 1 to 5 persons flat, so you cannot say how many people will be in your flat.

Btw, what is your flat number? Mine is ES810.
Reply 29
I was offered a place there also. I dont know whether or not its meant to be good?? I have to accept it within the next few days but I am not sure!
Reply 30
P2theK87
I was offered a place there also. I dont know whether or not its meant to be good?? I have to accept it within the next few days but I am not sure!

At least, you won't have to worry about looking for private accommodation, paying the bills and the Internet. I'd accept.
Reply 31
Mike B
Hi!

Me too! I mean I applied for ensuite room, but got a standard room in the same hall. Anyway, I heard it was one of the best halls in Edinburgh. Besides, it's written 1 to 5 persons flat, so you cannot say how many people will be in your flat.

Btw, what is your flat number? Mine is ES810.

You can find out from the accomodations services how many people are in your flat. There are 5 in the one I was offered. I still have to make a decision. My main concerns are that it will be noisey and chaotic. Tough decision!
Reply 32
By the way, has anyone seen pictures of the rooms of this hall?
Reply 33
Hey All,

I case you wanted to know what Mylne's Court looks like this is what I found:

http://picasaweb.google.com/richardarthurdavis/MyRoomAtMylneSCourt#

Hope this helps!
Reply 34
CH83
You can find out from the accomodations services how many people are in your flat. There are 5 in the one I was offered. I still have to make a decision. My main concerns are that it will be noisey and chaotic. Tough decision!

How do I find it?
Reply 35
You can send an e-mail to [email protected] and ask. They're not very good at responding in a timely manner, though.
Reply 36
Mike B
At least, you won't have to worry about looking for private accommodation, paying the bills and the Internet. I'd accept.

True that. I'll probably take it.
Reply 37
I'm going to be in Churchill House. I look forward to meeting people when I get there on Sept 12th!
Reply 38
I was just wondering are any of you guys ordering bedding packs?

I like the idea of them as I will definitely not have room in my luggage for a duvet and pillows. I just don't know if the quality will be good. I like really soft mushy pillows!
Reply 39
zuzzys
I was just wondering are any of you guys ordering bedding packs?

I like the idea of them as I will definitely not have room in my luggage for a duvet and pillows. I just don't know if the quality will be good. I like really soft mushy pillows!

I ordered a bedding pack. I think they're not going to be high quality, but I'm with you on the issue of packing space. I figure if I don't like the pillow then I'll just have to go out and buy one. I'm really picky about my pillows too. I saw the same question posted on another thread, so if I see an answer I'll quote it over here.

Latest

Trending

Trending