The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Better check with the school.
I think it will matter.
GL
Reply 2
Okay just checked my as exam results sheet and my january a2 sheet and they both have different uci numbers!!!!! ahh what do I do!!
Just chat to the exams office people at your new college and they'll tell you if it's a problem, and if it is, they'll sort it out.
Reply 4
so can I say I made a mistake and ask for it to be converted back to my old uci number as I thought it be to late ...:frown:
jstar357
so can I say I made a mistake and ask for it to be converted back to my old uci number as I thought it be to late ...:frown:

It may not even make a difference, so you may not even need to change it. After all the uci number contains the centre number in it, I believe, so if you ask for it to go back, it may mess things up a little.

The best advice is to explain the situation to your exams office, and they'll take it from there :top:
Reply 6
oo yes true, as my old uci number is different. so edexcel can't do anything about this, okay I guess I have to ask my exams office bit scared to ask as sounds tricky to sort out

basically I got an alevel last year wasn't happy with overall garde some modules I did well in, i'm retaking the subject elsewhere at another college but I want to keep the good module marks but now with different uci number doesn't seem like I can do that..however will universities see that I have been issued to certificates in the same subject??? also does it affect ucas having two different uci numbers?
jstar357
oo yes true, as my old uci number is different. so edexcel can't do anything about this, okay I guess I have to ask my exams office bit scared to ask as sounds tricky to sort out

Definitely not.
I wouldn't be too scared, I'm sure your college has experienced many people asking this, as I'm sure your not the first to go there from a different college!
Reply 8
I suppose so your right.....do you know about if it will affetc me having two certifcates in same subject if this can't be sorted?
jstar357
I suppose so your right.....do you know about if it will affetc me having two certifcates in same subject if this can't be sorted?

Well, I wouldn't imagine it would affect you greatly!
I take it you mean, when showing to future employers etc?
It shouldn't do so at all, as long as you have a certificate to show them, then it wouldn't be a problem!
Reply 10
Yes as I have two certifcates in the same subject I don't have to show the other one do I :smile:
jstar357
Yes as I have two certifcates in the same subject I don't have to show the other one do I :smile:

Are they the same exam board/grade?

If so, then no. If they're different, you may have to.
Reply 12
They are same board different grades
My teacher said it won't better I'll only have to show on certifcate of it?
jstar357
They are same board different grades
My teacher said it won't better I'll only have to show on certifcate of it?

Then show the one with the better grade :wink:
Reply 14
Okay thank you soo much :smile: I'll just stick with this uci number then and ignore the old certifcate with that uci number :smile:
jstar357
Okay thank you soo much :smile: I'll just stick with this uci number then and ignore the old certifcate with that uci number :smile:

No worries!
As I say, I don't think it'd make too much difference, but, even so, go to your exams office, and see what they say, just to make sure everything is bang up to scratch.

Latest