The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Accommodation - mostly shared rooms?

I just got my offer letter and accommodation info from UCL and it seems to suggest that any single undergraduate aged 19 and younger is 'very likely' to share a room if they want to go self catered. Does anyone know if this is actually true in practice? I hate to sound unsocial but i do not want to pay £150 a week to share a room with a randomer.
Reply 1
Very, very few people share a room, its a minority of halls that actually have a shared room
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Strange, I don't know anyone self-catered who is sharing (and assumed they were a very small number), and unless they are radically overhauling things they shouldn't need to increase them. Did you get the £150 a week from the offer letter for a twin room specifically?
Reply 3
I want to share, I think it would be fun
Reply 4
150 a week? I dont know any halls at UCL that costs that much and is still shared.
Reply 5
You wouldn't be paying 150p/w for shared, shared rooms are always cheaper than the single equivilant (if there is one), and they do seem to overexaggerate the chances of sharing a room. And it really isn't as bad as most people think initially.

C-
bj_945
I want to share, I think it would be fun

:ditto:
Reply 7
adilmorrison
:ditto:

Wanna share?
bj_945
Wanna share?

I don't think we get to choose who we share with lol... What preferences did you put on your form?
Reply 9
adilmorrison
I don't think we get to choose who we share with lol... What preferences did you put on your form?

1st UCL Halls
2nd Intercollegiates
3rd Self-Catered
Important thing: Low Price
Asked for shared accomodation

And attached a post-it pleading for Ifor (and if not, Ramsay)

What about you?
Peace x
bj_945
1st UCL Halls
2nd Intercollegiates
3rd Self-Catered
Important thing: Low Price
Asked for shared accomodation

And attached a post-it pleading for Ifor (and if not, Ramsay)

What about you?
Peace x

ummm my preferences were for shared accommodation, self-catered and my most important factor was proximity...
I'm going to feel really unlucky if I get a shared room now...

at least I'll save the money I guess
Shared rooms aren't going to cost you £150. And it looks to me like they overestimate the chances of you getting shared, so that you can't complain if you're one of the unlucky ones who gets it.

I'm another of these strange creatures who wants to share. The double rooms are huge even for two people, and I can think of much better uses for ~£30 a week.

Latest

Trending

Trending