The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Depends entirely on the paper.
Reply 2
well is ther a rough estimate?
its aqa sociology class and stratification
Give me a rough estimate of how much shoes cost.
Reply 4
was it the raw marks out of 120?!

EDIT: best thing to do would be to look on an old mark scheme or examiners report for the module in question :smile:
Reply 5
You haven't told us how much the paper is out of.
Reply 6
It would depend on how many UMS marks the paper was out of. There's no way to give even a rough estimate without knowing that.

EDIT: Snap with nuodai :wink:
Reply 7
its out of 60 (the paper) Sorry
Reply 8
It depends. What they do (IIRC) is mark all the papers, then work out what the top x% got, and award this mark an A. So if it's a really hard paper, and no-one gets above 50%, then 30 raw marks out of 60 will be worth 120 UMS marks. If that makes ANY sense. In an easy paper, where everyone got high raw marks, you'll need more raw marks to get more UMS marks than in a difficult paper.
no 1 can possibly tell you the answer to this question, all they can do is predict for you
Not many.
I remember doing these calculations when I was in sixth form, to work out how little effort I needed to put in to the final module of a course XD
indigovioletred
Not many.
I remember doing these calculations when I was in sixth form, to work out how little effort I needed to put in to the final module of a course XD

It is a fun game :yep:
Zero in 2 for me :yep:

Latest