The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
my parents think I should priotise my gcse and not make life too hard
Reply 41
Its good that you're ambitious, but people with less than what you are wanting have got into oxford/cambridge.

Concentrate on your GCSEs, getting a lot of A*s, and if you really want to just one other AS level in your spare time.

And then work hard in your AS units, getting 90%s.

You don't need 8 Alevels to get into oxford, and yes, people with 3 As have got in, so breathe a little!

I also suggest do more extra curricular activities, cause the top unis like that too, you want to be a little well rounded.

But don't start worrying now about univerisity, no need to give yourself unnecessary stress, just concentrate on your GCSEs.

Any tips i can give you for as levels is make sure you know everything on the spec, and lots of exam qs practise , same with GCSEs.
Reply 42
hamster33
my parents think I should priotise my gcse and not make life too hard

You're parents are right, listen to them. Trust me, you DONT need to go overboard to try and get into unis, loads of people with less have got in. You dont want to burnout.

Talk to people that have already got in to these universities, and ask them for advice, and also there would be no harm in ringing some admission tutors for uni yourself and asking for some tips !!
Reply 43
Well their is some good advice in that, If i were you i would actually take a year out after 6th form to concentrate on your own studies. Dont rush straight to college then to uni. Have fun get a job, spend all the money you earn having a good time and then get serious with your studies.

If you can balance all of them then go for it

Latest