The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

dude how did you get the scholarships and such?

and how did you apply?

not what you asked i know but yea XD
Reply 2
woohoo! Just got Virginia Tech! :smile:
Reply 3
paddy__power
dude how did you get the scholarships and such?

and how did you apply?

not what you asked i know but yea XD

My SAT, and ACT were really high, and my A-Levels gave me college credits so i automatically got offered scholarships cus they must really have wanted me! I only
found out in the acceptance letters.

I applied through Commonapp and the individual websites (such as applyweb for virgina tech and washington seattle). I am probably going to washington seattle as its like fifth in the country for Computer Science which will be my major!
jasoncomport
My SAT, and ACT were really high, and my A-Levels gave me college credits so i automatically got offered scholarships cus they must really have wanted me! I only
found out in the acceptance letters.

I applied through Commonapp and the individual websites (such as applyweb for virgina tech and washington seattle). I am probably going to washington seattle as its like fifth in the country for Computer Science which will be my major!

congrats mate =]

so can anyone in britain do it?

and are there centres where we can do the sats?
Reply 5
jasoncomport
woohoo! Just got Virginia Tech! :smile:

Reply 6
paddy__power
congrats mate =]

so can anyone in britain do it?

and are there centres where we can do the sats?

yep,does anyone knows where to take the SAT exam in London?Thanks a lot.
Reply 7
have a look on the collegeboard websites! They have SAT centers everywhere basically.

https://ecl.collegeboard.com/account/login.jsp?applicationId=115&destinationpage=https%3A%2F%2Fnsat.collegeboard.com:443/satweb%2Flogin.jsp

Sign up, then follow the process to sign up for the SAT reasoning exam, then you can choose your location to do it! Easy as pie!

www.actstudent.org

try the ACT (American College Test) in lieu of the SAT. it is so much easier.

:smile:
Reply 8
Thank you!
Reply 9
How about a rejections thread?? Jeje got rejected from Caltech and MIT :biggrin: for now... Stanford, Berkeley and Harvard to go
jasoncomport
OK everyone! Post where you are going / have offers from in the US for fall/winter 2009 admission!

Personally am just waiting on Virginia Tech and Ohio State now,

but have my unconditonals from:

University of Washington, Seattle
University of Delaware
Villanova University ($7,800 scholarship)
University of Indiana (Full scholarship)
University of Rochester

How'd Stanford reply btw? Was it email?
Reply 11
Good luck to everyone =)
Am off to Harvard for my MBA this fall. :biggrin:

A bit weird to be going back to school (and in a different country) after a few years at work.
Yay... made it to UC Berkeley but still thinking on going to Cambridge...
xinolisss
Yay... made it to UC Berkeley but still thinking on going to Cambridge...

Tough choice, I don't envy you! :tongue:

So I take it we're all UK people going over to the US as international students?
Consultant
Tough choice, I don't envy you! :tongue:

So I take it we're all UK people going over to the US as international students?

Well, yeah, it's just leaning towards Cambridge...

Not UK though :biggrin: Not Spanish either.. :biggrin: Chinese ethnicity, culturally Spanish, and did UK exams :biggrin:
Gotten into GWU and Claremont McKenna (!!!) but got rejected from Northwestern. Still waiting on Tufts, Wellesley, Stanford, Brown, and Penn.
Reply 17
Got into UVA and Berkeley :biggrin:
Another acceptance from Wellesley!! So excited!!!
Reply 19
May i ask what SAT scores did you guys have to get to get into harvard, berkeley etc.

Latest

Trending

Trending