The Student Room Group

Higher Modern studies :D

Well, I got a D in my prelim due to lack of statistics and things to put in the essay.

So really, anyone got good facts and figures that are easy to learn for the following topics?

Electoral Systems
Decision making in Central Government
Wealth and health...:angry:
The united states of america
The politics of development in Africa

Lol, I went to the conference in Dumfries and got good info there on the structuring of essays and DME's, but really it's learning the facts that I have a problem with :frown:

Any other advice is good too :biggrin:
Reply 1
Thats the same topics as I've studyed this year.
I probably wont be much help, I only got a C in the prelim.
Essays are my downfall. I'm really good at DMEs though so if you need a hand, let me know.
Wealth and Heath is my worst topic...

If anyone has any good advice on the essays, please let me know :smile:
I got 86% in my prelim (cheesered :woo:) but I would say the most important thing in the Modernity Scotland website (search for it on Google). It has loads of up-to-date examples and lots of good information.

Andiamo :smile:
I got an A in prelim and exam last year... here are my notes for Electoral Systems - the others are too big files to upload here. OK, they'll be a bit out-of-date, but better than nothing - and they're still selling well on eBay so should be a good starting place =)
Reply 4
TimmyVermicelli
I got 86% in my prelim (cheesered :woo:) but I would say the most important thing in the Modernity Scotland website (search for it on Google). It has loads of up-to-date examples and lots of good information.

Andiamo :smile:

God, I dunno how I'd cope without it.
Love it so much!
And his textbooks are really good too.
Reply 5
I'm rubbish at essays too, DME's are excellent haha :smile:

Thanks for all the help so far, yeah, the modernity scotland guy was awesome at a conference in dumfries :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending