The Student Room Group

The panic thread!

Im getting majorlly stressed out about the exams now, only 7 weeks to go i hear! anyways, hopefully this thread will be somewhere we can share worries over exams etc.

to start things off, how many hours a night of revision are you guys doing now?
does anybody else feel like their foot is slowly edging off the pedal and they cant do anything about it?
what grades are you hoping to achieve in may/june?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
same boat for the leaving cert. doing 8 subects and have yet to start revising :O

im starting after-school study from 4:30 till 8 nearly every week day from now on though...
Reply 2
Two hours a night except from Wednesdays and fridays, 3 hours at weekends and all the times in school. Lol, Plus the whole week after english :/ and the 2 weeks holiday, though it's not really a holiday for me :frown:

but yes, I am seriously panicing, I really want my ABBB :frown:
Reply 3
I'm panicking...especially about biology and chemistry :s
I'm currently studying every night, been using evans2chemweb excessively...
I just think I'm going to fail english, I got a 1 in the prelim but, only by luck (I just wrote down a load of random crap for it)
I'm hoping to get 131111...I hope...
Reply 4
LuhLah
I'm panicking...especially about biology and chemistry :s
I'm currently studying every night, been using evans2chemweb excessively...
I just think I'm going to fail english, I got a 1 in the prelim but, only by luck (I just wrote down a load of random crap for it)
I'm hoping to get 131111...I hope...

Looking at your pm, whyd you drop music and french lol :s-smilie:
Reply 5
Ronar
Looking at your pm, whyd you drop music and french lol :s-smilie:

Well....

I had a lot of crap going on at school, and I always crashed and burned with music, I JUST managed to get a 2, my PA's brought it up, and I'm just naturally crap at languages. So, the head of the year thought it would be a good idea to just drop those subjects, and then focus on the more important ones, and try and approve my attendance/mood at school. It worked, I've had perfect attendance for 2 months now, and I've been feeling a lot more better.
exams?
Reply 7
Thats good news, i dont think we were allowed to drop standard grades in my school, if we could i probably would habe, although they worked out ok in the end! dont stress to much about standard grades, i was really worried after my maths exam last year and ended up with a 1 (they had to drop the pass mark considerably as it was a really hard paper)

but yeah this time next year i guarantee you will be twice as stressed, oh the joys! highers arent as bad as they make out though.
Reply 8
TheJeebs
exams?

?yes

you worried about them?
Reply 9
I should be s***ting it for AH Maths, but the idea of only having 6 or so weeks of school time left ever excites me too much. I should really start studying though, just as soon as I get these bloody projects done, else no uni for me >_<
Sparuuto
these bloody projects

This.
Yep, very worried. I know I'm not keeping on top of things.
no. i should be, but i'm not.

i'm 18 on my last exam (ah geography), which gives me an extra incentive to get ******* wasted.
I'm currently not doing any revision :biggrin: I have been finishing investigations etc though. Don't plan to do much til after the holidays really, need a little rest. Coursework was far more streneous than the prelims for me. I want AAAAA though so hopefully I haven't forgotten too much.
Reply 14
Erm.... none, well that's a lie, not much :wink:

I need BBC, but might be able for a ABB or ABC.

I'm kinda worrying as I haven't done much english work at all! Over Easter I really need to get some major quotes out and try to link them together for themes etc!
I got 43% in my Human Biology Prelim with not as much revision as I wanted to devote to it; can I increase by 35 marks for an A in the final exam?!

I'm going to gtfo TSR now.
Reply 16
I'm utterly stressed bout AH Chemistry. I've basically failed the course, as there's no way in hell I'm going to get an investigation write-up done in time, and I still have 1/2 a unit to do before I can even start bout revising...
Reply 17
acas13
to start things off, how many hours a night of revision are you guys doing now?
what grades are you hoping to achieve in may/june?

I'm currently doing 0 hours of revision each night so I'm bookmarking this thread for panicking purposes in about a month's time. I've never been one to sit down and study; I did as little revision as possible for standard grades but it's so much harder this year.
I'm hoping for As in computing and music, Bs in chemistry and maths (but I would love those to be As) and I'll be happy just to pass English. Everyone else expects me to get 5 As though. :eek:

LuhLah

What kind of question do you do? If it's a personal experience, here's some advice for you: Never let the truth get in the way of a good story, as my teacher told us at SG. I wrote a completely unbelievable spiel about being in a plane crash and I still got a 1 for it :biggrin: Also, try and include some kind of reflection on the event (like "Looking back, I now think..." etc). If you're not doing personal experience, then sorry for those useless words, and good luck.

acas13
dont stress to much about standard grades, i was really worried after my maths exam last year and ended up with a 1 (they had to drop the pass mark considerably as it was a really hard paper)

This. I heard one of the questions in the paper was a higher question, is that right?
Reply 18
C274
I'm currently doing 0 hours of revision each night so I'm bookmarking this thread for panicking purposes in about a month's time. I've never been one to sit down and study; I did as little revision as possible for standard grades but it's so much harder this year.
I'm hoping for As in computing and music, Bs in chemistry and maths (but I would love those to be As) and I'll be happy just to pass English. Everyone else expects me to get 5 As though. :eek:

What kind of question do you do? If it's a personal experience, here's some advice for you: Never let the truth get in the way of a good story, as my teacher told us at SG. I wrote a completely unbelievable spiel about being in a plane crash and I still got a 1 for it :biggrin: Also, try and include some kind of reflection on the event (like "Looking back, I now think..." etc). If you're not doing personal experience, then sorry for those useless words, and good luck.

This. I heard one of the questions in the paper was a higher question, is that right?

Yes, haha hence why I passed maths with a 2 :biggrin:

I really do want to do standard grades again :frown:
C274

I'm replying to this because it kinda irritates me, nothing personal though :p:

It wasn't a higher question, it was a problem solving question that could and should be solved using standard grade methods but with higher knowledge would be much easier. People only noticed it because it was so obvious to those with higher knowlegde that completing the square would make it simple.