The Student Room Group

OCR salters individual investigation

I am pretty stressed about this , My results do not show any trend that i can talk about in my conclusion and in theory there should be a clear trend

is anyone familiar with this situation with this peice of coursework , is it still possible to get a high grade with such poor results? and how do i write a conclusion when from my experiment i have nothing to conclude
Reply 1
same problem here... I made the results up as to fit what the thoery predicted would happen, with a few errors of course to make it look reasonable. It wasn't easy though as i was doing reaction kinetics and had to look up the maths that would predict my results for me for my temperatures, concentrations, catalysts ect. but it definatly payed off and was still easier than actually doing the experiment.
Reply 2
I'm doing one as well. for the first two experiments I sort of used my data then i gave up
Reply 3
Not having perfect results is excellent. It gives you plenty to talk about in the evaluation about where possible errors could have been avoided to increase the accuracy of your results. It also allows you do go into detail about why you didn't get many results due to unforseen circumstances.

Imagine if you had perfect results? All you could say was, "here are my results, they're excellent, nothing went wrong and everything was perfect".
Reply 4
yeah i see you point but that's good for an evaluation.

Just wondering if i can say "this is what should've happened" kinda thing and then explain for a conclusion
I think you should, I know some of my results weren’t perfect so I explained using my background knowledge what should have happened and tried looking for areas in my data that where similar to the theory. Having perfect results would just make your conclusion a bit basic.
Reply 6
I've almost finished mine! :eek: :eek: :woo: :borat: :woo: :eek: :eek:
My one was on the Belousov-Zhabotinsky reaction. Did not go well. :no:
Reply 8
Stuck on how to start the evaluation bit. Help would be appreciated as to be honest my teachers are pretty **** and have really thrown us in the deep end with little help :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending