The Student Room Group

I have a dream...

From my 22 years on this spinning planet and my membership of TSR, I have noticed that there is alot of negativity in life. There is alot of people out there with problems, there always has been, and there always will be. (Ideal market demand for any business, even in the current economic climate!)

I thought it would be useful to start up a group/movement/society/fight club/whatever you want to call it; committed to tackling fear/breaking out of our comfort zones/striving for our ambitions, and so forth. There is alot of people out there pissed off with life (perhaps most of the world's population), so I figured we might as well stick together and help each other out.

If we combine all of our experiences and advice and education, then surely that will benefit others. If we can consolidate it all in one resource then surely the world will be a better place, at least in a small way. People can contribute examples of how the advice has transformed their own lives and that will inspire others and spur every one else on.

Does anyone else feel this way? depressed? no motivation? no inspiration? I'm sure there are thousands of us out there, perhaps millions. Instead of facing our demons on our own, we might as well come together and work together.

Who is up for the challenge?
Reply 1
Can I be the green Power Ranger plz?
Reply 2
hmm interesting...
Reply 3
Democracy
Can I be the green Power Ranger plz?

Humour is always a necessity
Reply 4
libertine861
Humour is always a necessity

What about sarcasm?
Reply 5
Green Power Ranger > Thread

Anything i lack in life, this guy makes up for

Power rangers HOOOO!
But the green ranger turned bad...
Reply 7
NW8_SW1_EC3
What about sarcasm?

Negativity should be avoided at all costs. I'm not saying ignore the problems we face in life but we should try and make the most of whatever hand life deals us. Read 'Man's Search For Meaning' by Vicktor E Frankl. The author was in a concentration camp but he still found hope and a reason to live. He even pointed out the benefits of suffering. Every day on the News or on this forum, there is always negativity, always something bad or people criticising such and such. I'm sick of it, life is short, make the most of it. That's what I want to achieve. There is always going to be suffering and negativity in the world, that's human nature. Why not be a beacon of light/hope to a world full of darkness? why not try and make a difference?

I mean, yes, there is always going to be a 1000 reasons why people shouldn't do something, my plan will probably get shot down in arrows, but do I care? no, not really. If everyone concentrated on the consequences and the weary miles in between, nothing would ever get done in life, we would be too scared and hesitant to make that first step.
Reply 8
My idea is to create a group, a group full of people like me and you, people with no confidence or people who are worried about exams/asking a girl out/how to get on in life. There is no limit to the possible problems that can arise. It's basically the Health & Relationships Forum consolidated in one thread but something a bit more sensible and organised.

Each member provides examples of what fear they have overcome or what they have done that week, based on the advice in that thread. If the advice doesn't work, then they let others know. It will be a vast resource for helping people, the ultimate self-help thread. It saves a hell of alot of repetition in terms of threads and it creates a support network were we can provide strength, hope and courage to each other. I know this all sounds fanciful and like a grand scheme, but let's just give it a try. What do we have to loose?!
Reply 9
supersexylee
But the green ranger turned bad...

He became a power ranger, with a name like "Tommy"..

Inspiration!
Reply 10
:smile:
Reply 11

Thanks for your contribution, that is exactly what I'm looking for!
libertine861

Does anyone else feel this way? depressed? no motivation? no inspiration?

Yes!

(Does anyone else think uni is bad for your health?)
Reply 13
I like my personal space & comfort zone - they are all squishy and nice.

kthnxbai
Reply 14
there are groups like this already, like Childline, Ask Frank, friends, family, TSR... but it's a good thought :smile:
Reply 15
phoenix90
there are groups like this already, like Childline, Ask Frank, friends, family, TSR... but it's a good thought :smile:

I don't mean so much a thread filled with advice, although that would be part of it. The group would require active membership, people would update reuglarly on their progress (or lack of). Hopefully if people make good progress this will inspire others, in their own struggle to do X, Y and Z. We can lead by example.

Latest

Trending

Trending