The Student Room Group
University of York
York
I went on the 18th but only went to the mini-lecture and looked at accommodation, since I'd already been to the general department talk on another day but didn't get a chance to see any rooms. I thought the lecture was very good and informative, it should help me out with Elizabethan context for my Faustus exam... What did the people who were complaining expect, some earth-shatteringly incredible lecture? It's only an informal open day, for heaven's sake. I also got a really really good vibe from the English staff in general, they all seem really enthusiastic about their work and the course looks amazing. I firmed York yesterday.
University of York
York
Reply 2
Yep, I was there.. same here rainbowdrops, one of the things that reassured me the most that I'm making the right choice about York was the staff themselves, I got a really good vibe from them too ^^

Firmed them the very next day, I already knew I loved the look of the course and just wanted to have a wander round the uni and get the feel of it before I could be certain.

How about you Ribbits? "Mid-application rethink", did the open day help out with decisions about where to go?

Latest