The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Yeah the people doing ah were like that as well. thinks forward to all the fun to come next year
Reply 21
Does anyone have a copy of part 1 of the coursework task for this year? I'm doing this course by myself this year, and would like to write the program myself this weekend. I need to have it done for the end of next week. :frown:
Thanks.
Reply 22
TheUnbeliever
Case in point: my project, printed (in 11pt Garamond for the report, 10pt Courier New for the code) comprised 144 pages - 94 of code, 50 of report.

That almost makes me feel glad that my school isn't offering it at AH.
Reply 23
I don't really want to do AH being forced into it by guidance, head of computing and partly parents. I did H a year early, it wasn't hard but pretty boring.

I want to do mech. or elec. engineering, physics or something but not computer science or software engineering.

Is there a reason not even H computer is asked for when applying to things like comp. science?
CJN
Is there a reason not even H computer is asked for when applying to things like comp. science?

Its applicability is heavily limited, a very substantial portion of the course is utter bull, and the marking is... patchy, to say the least. Additionally, maths is seen as a much stronger predictor than computing (my offer from Cambridge even goes so far as to specifically exclude it from contributing to meeting my conditions!) - this is presumably rooted in their own statistics.
TheUnbeliever
Case in point: my project, printed (in 11pt Garamond for the report, 10pt Courier New for the code) comprised 144 pages - 94 of code, 50 of report.

Hah, and I thought my project had too many pages! I'm at around 70 pages in Verdana pt 12. I feel much better now, knowing that someone else has more hehe.

Btw, surely that must've took you more than the recommended 40 hours? (even though marking scheme does state that a pupil may be allowed more time if required)
Reply 26
My project will probably be less than 50...********!
Im at 65 pages of coding.

59 pages of report

It's a bit on the high side :/

I wonder if they take marks off for being too lengthy :/

Spent about 47 hours on it.

Honestly don't give a **** to be honest, I don't need this subject for my offers anyway!

Latest

Trending

Trending