The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

xzoe18x
I used em disks to practive and got good marks on em! But when it came to the real test I was rubbish! It wasnt nothin like it! I scraped passin my theory test! Got bang on what u need for the hazard/perception and 32/35 for questions!

Was it the DSA one? There's not really any point in getting any other one if you want it the same, to be honest...

THIS DOES REALLY CONFUSE ME SO I CAN CLICK MORE THN JST ONCE IS IT?? HELLP SOMEONE GOT MYTHEOR TEST ON THE 5TH IM ONLY GETTIN NERVOUS ON THE HAZARD PERCEPTION
Reply 22
Original post by IndiePixie
Keep clicking at the slightest thing - I only just passed as I'd just clicked when I first saw something which is apparently not the way to score well :rolleyes:

I wish i read this before i did my test! :frown:
Reply 23
i failed my theory test 2weeks ago after practicing for 5weeks with the dvd. i did well during my practice sessions but when l went for the real test everything was different and l failed the hazard test dismally. l got 50/50 on the questions. the hazard perception is really depressing me coz l cant do it at all. l nid help. l got my other test booked for next week on thursday agai.
Reply 24
I will try this every time...thanks
Original post by eddymaine
i clicked every time i saw a sign or a car at a junction or even at the slightest thing, never got disqualified, racked up like 20 clicks on some of the videos
Reply 25
thanks i will do it on my next test...any other advice ...will apppreciate..how may times did u try and passed? i did it twice and failed
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 26
I also can't pass this part of the test when it comes to it although I pass the practice ones 😫 but I will use this method next time and hopefully it works!
thanks for the advice
Personally I click 2-3 times for every hazard.. I found that if I only clicked once, it would often register just before the score period so instead of getting 5/5, I'd get 0... Doing this I end up with around 10 clicks per video and at least 55+ marks overall.. seems to work for me, good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've just done my theory test, and while I passed the 'proper' theory, I failed the HP by two marks. I got seriously frustrated with my result, as it said I completely missed one of the hazards, which I know is false as I identified and clicked as I saw the hazard develop- I can only assume I was either too quick on the click, or I thought I was faster on my clicking!!

I guess I was too considered on my clicking. I clicked several times when I saw a hazard- for example when I saw flashing emergency vehicle lights, but it must have penalised me for not clicking when the vehicle was right in front of my face. This system seems stupidly flawed- as I'm sure half the people who fail the test correctly identified the hazards in the video, but were let down by the system.
Update: I took my motorbike theory test yesterday and passed, scoring 63/75 on hazard perception test and 48/50 on questions.

All I can say is try out what I posted previously, click at least three times per hazard.. Sometimes, I click more than 3 times providing I can see the hazard from a distance (horse riders in the distance, slow moving vehicles you spot from far away etc.) - Also, don't be afraid of how many times you click, the most I clicked on my test was 13 times for one of the clips which seems like a lot, but they didn't penalise me for it.

Practice on a theory test DVD and hopefully you'll get better at it; Good luck to you all!

Latest