The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Which college?

Hey ya'll,

Sorry if this is a repetitive question.

Lancs is my firm and I'm looking at accommodation at the moment but I dunno which college to choose?

Obviously most of you will think your own college is the best so maybe it'd be helpful if I gave you a couple of pointers of what kind of person I am:

* quite sporty - not played at a decent level for a while though - defo looking to get back into some sports/fitness at Uni.

* prefer pubs to clubs atm I guess..

* like a laid-back atmosphere.

Does it even matter which college you choose?!

Cheers.

[not convinced my 3 bullet points will help in the slightest:stomp: :bricks:]
BJP
Hey ya'll,

Sorry if this is a repetitive question.

Lancs is my firm and I'm looking at accommodation at the moment but I dunno which college to choose?

Obviously most of you will think your own college is the best so maybe it'd be helpful if I gave you a couple of pointers of what kind of person I am:

* quite sporty - not played at a decent level for a while though - defo looking to get back into some sports/fitness at Uni.

* prefer pubs to clubs atm I guess..

* like a laid-back atmosphere.

Does it even matter which college you choose?!

Cheers.

[not convinced my 3 bullet points will help in the slightest:stomp: :bricks:]

If you want to play in the Carter Shield the college doesn't really matter - Fylde is traditionally the "sporty" college though.

You can go in any pub on campus, so this doesn't matter.

In my experience all the colleges are laid-back.

It doesn't really matter which one you pick I think, what accommodation are you going for?
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
As mentioned, all college bars are open for you to use regardless (Bowland and Furness are particularly 'pub' like) and all colleges can take part in the Carter Shield.

I'd say the accommodation you want and your budget would play a big part. Cartmel, Lonsdale and Fylde are ensuite only colleges. The accommodation in County is said to be very nice on the whole, with standard accommodation offering a living space as well as the kitchen but you do pay extra for this privilege (or at least, they did this year). :smile:

Look at the location of the colleges on campus, the accommodation they offer and the way they describe themselves in the college guide [the 2008 one should still be available as they might not have released the 2009 version yet]. And, finally, don't set your heart on any one college as the preferences you give are not guaranteed - wherever you end up, I'm sure you will make the best of it.
Reply 3
The only differences between colleges are:
Size and age of rooms, and therefore the cost
Location on campus
So base your decision on these factors. Forget which ones are "sporty" "chav" etc. It's just not true.
Reply 4
How lazy are you? If you can't be arsed with the walk across campus to get to lectures/seminars (especially when it's pissing it down and that), probs best going for County/Bowland/Furness.
Reply 5
Thanks a lot for your help. I'll have another look tonight :smile:
Reply 6
i joined fylde because of its 'sporty' reputation

it doesnt matter which college you join, its just the location and aesthetics of the accomodation you stay in

id rather stay in lonsdale, looks nicer, even though its miles away from where lectures are held
Go for one that isn't far away from Alexandra Square i.e. not Pendle, Grizedale, Cartmel or Lonsdale :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending