The Student Room Group
No qualifications, but a buisness loan, and for that you'd need a buisness plan.
Get in touch with the FSB, talk to your bank, and perhaps consider starting out doing markets and craft fairs?
It's a hell of a lot of work for pretty much no returns.
are you going to make much money first?
Perhaps start off by making items and trying to get other people to sell them in their already successful shops. I know someone who did this, she used to knit bags and a small independent shop took a couple and sold them and then the shop asked if she could make more.
Craft fairs/markets could also work well, especially as it would give you time to make items in between each date.
Shops are quite expensive what with rent and over heads, as suggested above, selling on small stalls and markets or in other people's shops might be the way to get started, all the successful business people started somewhere!
Reply 5
Be careful have you go about this. It will take an awful lot of work to establish something like this and even then you'll likely struggle. Be sensible. Look first at whether you could - as others have said - sell to already established shops.

I sound so dour because there was a shop nearby me recently which sold antiquities and other bits. It got very, very few customers over the course of a few months and then shut down. Makes me sad to think of the owners who must have been so optimistic at the start to get crushed by reality like that.
Reply 6
If its jewellery you're selling, open a shop on eBay. Less overheads x
Reply 7
Have you tried etsy? Lots of shops, a place to seel handmade bits..pretty sure UK sellers can sell on there too! :smile:

www.etsy.com
Instead of going straight into shop ownership, you need to see if things will actually work and to do this you need to start selling your stuff on a market stall, craft stall, see if another shop will take on your range. You dont need qualifications, you just need to be buisiness minded.

Latest

Trending

Trending