The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I have to say, this is the same with me. I don't have a valid passport and they have asked for my birth certificate reference number with the declaration form. I'm tempted to not put a number down in case it's wrong and send the certificate in a hope that they can work it out themselves.
Reply 21
JUST TO CONFIRM:

When using the full birth certificate for people born after 1/4/1969 (i.e. new format birth certificates), is the Birth Certificate Reference Number:

SBC.png

(a) 'NHS Number'; 9 characters, a mixture of letters and numbers, located in the top-left. Typed in the same ink and font as the majority of other information on the birth certificate.

(b) 'Entry Number'; a number between 1-500, sometimes called the GRO Reference, located in the top-right. Typed in the same ink and font as the majority of other information on the birth certificate.

(c) The unlabelled code; a 9-character code (three letters, space, six numbers) located in the bottom mid-right of the birth certificate. Typed in RED ink, with bold letters and regular numbers.

Anyone know? :smile:
has anyone actually found out
Reply 23
I have had my form returned saying it is incorrectly completed. I have the small birth certificate and i put the top letters and numbers on the form. My mother has two small birth certificates and its the bottom numbers and letters that are the same on both certificates. I have sent it of again with the bottom one on, lets hope this is right.

Latest

Trending

Trending