Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Birth Certificate

Announcements Posted on
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have to say, this is the same with me. I don't have a valid passport and they have asked for my birth certificate reference number with the declaration form. I'm tempted to not put a number down in case it's wrong and send the certificate in a hope that they can work it out themselves.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    JUST TO CONFIRM:

When using the full birth certificate for people born after 1/4/1969 (i.e. new format birth certificates), is the Birth Certificate Reference Number:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SBC.png 
Views:	1663 
Size:	2.9 KB 
ID:	137383

(a) 'NHS Number'; 9 characters, a mixture of letters and numbers, located in the top-left. Typed in the same ink and font as the majority of other information on the birth certificate.

(b) 'Entry Number'; a number between 1-500, sometimes called the GRO Reference, located in the top-right. Typed in the same ink and font as the majority of other information on the birth certificate.

(c) The unlabelled code; a 9-character code (three letters, space, six numbers) located in the bottom mid-right of the birth certificate. Typed in RED ink, with bold letters and regular numbers.

Anyone know?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    has anyone actually found out
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have had my form returned saying it is incorrectly completed. I have the small birth certificate and i put the top letters and numbers on the form. My mother has two small birth certificates and its the bottom numbers and letters that are the same on both certificates. I have sent it of again with the bottom one on, lets hope this is right.
Updated: June 6, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Spooky tales from this year's fright night

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.