The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 1
When I was at Henry Price in my first year we were told that you can't play console games online using the internet. Things may have changed but I would guess it's still the same. (Although people may "get away" with it, I'm not really aware of what system they have in place to apply the rule.)
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Yer, well you can at clarence docks anyways, requires a little bit of fiddling though. The network registers your computers MAC address, so when you try to connect your xbox to live its using a MAC address seperate from your computer and it won't let you on the network, all you've got to do is get your computers MAC address and in the advanced console settings bit on the xbox put your computers MAC address for the console, that will let you on, lets me on anyways. Google it and search on the xbox forums, theres some guides on there which show you how.
Its even easier than that, give the helpdesk a call with the MAC address of your Xbox and they will register it for you, something to do with a finite amount of IP addresses.

Latest