The Student Room Group

Year 12 - Do you go back after your exams?

Scroll to see replies

Reen
I have to go back before my exams are finished :frown: We start school again on 9th June, but I have my FP1 exam on the 17th. I think it's really unfair that everyone else gets study time for all their exams, but we further maths people don't.

2 of my 5 exams (maths M1 and chemistry) are in the week I go back as well.

I go back on 8th June and finish on 10th July and have to attend all 4 subjects' lessons.
We go back for about 6 weeks after exams finish- we get a week's break or so and start A2 courses. Can be helpful in choosing what to do I think, and most of the time our sixth form organises activities like paintballing :biggrin:
MewMachine
We go back for about 6 weeks after exams finish- we get a week's break or so and start A2 courses. Can be helpful in choosing what to do I think, and most of the time our sixth form organises activities like paintballing :biggrin:

6 weeks after exams finish? thats like in the summer holidays? (1 and a half months?)
raspberryice
6 weeks after exams finish? thats like in the summer holidays? (1 and a half months?)

No because we finish our exams at the start of June. So 6 weeks takes us roughly up until the normal end of the school year.
Reply 44
UGH god, i'm going to try and get out of doing this with geography. I decided I wanted to drop it ages ago... But yeah, we have to come back for about 3 weeks. I'm going to conjure an elaborate plan whereby I do this for maths rather than geography, as I want to do Maths AS next year.
Mrcarrot
UGH god, i'm going to try and get out of doing this with geography. I decided I wanted to drop it ages ago... But yeah, we have to come back for about 3 weeks. I'm going to conjure an elaborate plan whereby I do this for maths rather than geography, as I want to do Maths AS next year.

but they wont be starting AS maths then, so how will you start it?
Reply 46
raspberryice
but they wont be starting AS maths then, so how will you start it?
I haven't got a clue, ANYTHING would be good. You have no idea how much I hate Geography :frown:
Mrcarrot
I haven't got a clue, ANYTHING would be good. You have no idea how much I hate Geography :frown:

well I used to hate it, and now its ok. it's art that is bugging me. producing pointless artwork after the exams is going to seem a slight timewaster, seeing as there is little-to-no difference between art at AS and A level (or GCSE for that matter, you just have to do a greater amount of work, in the same way)

and we have to do lifedrawing then, which is just going to b cringey.
Reply 48
raspberryice
well I used to hate it, and now its ok. it's art that is bugging me. producing pointless artwork after the exams is going to seem a slight timewaster, seeing as there is little-to-no difference between art at AS and A level (or GCSE for that matter, you just have to do a greater amount of work, in the same way)

and we have to do lifedrawing then, which is just going to b cringey.
:/ Oh dear, good luck with that.

haha, one of my arty friends does lifedrawing - she actually goes to lifedrawing outside of school and stuff. It can lead to pretty funny situations, like this one time where we were at a club in town and one of the people working at the bar was a woman who she had drawn naked earlier that day :p:
We have to go back and do loads of UCAS stuff, and organise 2 weeks of more work experience as well...so not too bad really.
Last year we had to go back for about 3 weeks after exams (term finishes early at my school). If you knew what you were dropping you could stop going to those lessons (like, I dropped econ), but if you weren't sure you carried on going to all 4.
yeah we go back on the 15th june, even though ive still got exams! one on the 15th, one on the 17th which is a bit stupid- i dont have a clue how its going to work though- even though i dont plan on dropping a subject, for maths at least we're drastically changing modules for A2, and so changing teachers... that should be interesting...
Reply 52
yes unfortunately you have to, i did an AS last year though and we didnt really do much year 13 work just after the exams, so really if you dont want to go in i wouldnt bother.
Reply 53
We don't go back as far as I know. All AS exams aren't officially over until around 19th June (CCEA) and our school years ends 30th June so there wouldn't really be much point.
Reply 54
Oh no well wait. We do have to go back in one day and that is for UCAS intervews and for some to register for UCAS. But even that isn't mandatory.
At my sixth form for AS/BTEC once courses and exams have finished we had the chance to have a week or two off (if you finished BTEC to merit) then we come back and we will get told what is going to happen next

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending