The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Geokitty
I'm in year 12. I need AAB or ABB for my choices for 2010. In my first modules I got BCCD !! I know I didn't do enough revision, and I could get the D up to a B. The two C's were only 1 off a B, and the B was 88 so a high B. So I am fairly confident of either BBB , or even ABB if I work hard,but I'm not sure I could make AAB which would be the required grades for quite a few of the unis I like. I would apply if I thought they might give me a lower offer or if they might let me drop a grade on results day.

I learnt the hard way so please take my advice on this one. Become a recluse for a month and a half before your exams. Seriously, just do work. It'll all pay off. I didnt do very well lasst year (in the grand scheme of things) and am having to rely on re-sits and doing bloody well this year. If you get the highest grades you can this year then it takes a lot of pressure off for next year. One of my friends did so well in year 12 he needed 3D's to get into cambridge at A2.

Its always worth applying. The chances are they will stick with the "standard offer" however they may be leniant with final grades if you miss put by a grade or so. I know Sheffield and Leeds were both very leniant last year. :smile:
Reply 41
I did so and got an offer.
It was slightly below the standard one and I had a good PS.

Latest

Trending

Trending