The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
dark<>horizon
huh? it was like a proper interview then (thats what i had to do in my MML interview last december)?? thats soo bad...i have my "chat" (lets hope it is exactly that) tomorrow...im freaked out now!

when do u find out if ure in for MML or not? im sure u will be though - they cant make u study something which u dont want to.

How did yours go? No, they're not letting me switch, but were fairly nice about it, saying maybe I can switch after two years of English (which would equal a six-year degree, seeing as I couldn't exactly start on year three of MML) and that I can do the diploma stuff from their language centre. I could get incredibly upset and refuse to work, but that's not going to achieve anything. I'm going to put up with English and try my best! I hope my English DoS doesn't hate me:frown:
Reply 41
Bjpchilds
How did yours go? No, they're not letting me switch, but were fairly nice about it, saying maybe I can switch after two years of English (which would equal a six-year degree, seeing as I couldn't exactly start on year three of MML) and that I can do the diploma stuff from their language centre. I could get incredibly upset and refuse to work, but that's not going to achieve anything. I'm going to put up with English and try my best! I hope my English DoS doesn't hate me:frown:

In the english course you can take a french literature paper in first year - my friend did it! you probably already knew this, but at least you get to do some foreign language stuff. (and welcome to homerton btw!)
Reply 42
lavalse
In the english course you can take a french literature paper in first year - my friend did it! you probably already knew this, but at least you get to do some foreign language stuff. (and welcome to homerton btw!)

Yes, I'm excited about that :biggrin: I'm just trying to enjoy it as much as possible, despite being disappointed. I agree, at least there is an element of language study within literature. And hi :smile: what year are you in/which subject?
Hey all,

Do you happen to know anyone who switched from MML (or linguistics) to English?
Original post by Bjpchilds

What college was this?
Reply 45
Original post by dorababy1995
What college was this?

You are replying to a 2009 post and the original participants are unlikely to still be on TSR..

Your best bet is to start a new thread.