The Student Room Group
trayder
I have an offer for economics and i just wanted to know whether it is possible to switch to maths for second year then back to economics for 3rd year.
Thanks in advance.

You won't be able to do that, if you want to do a year of maths then it would be best to do it at the start -> one year of maths and then two years economics.
Reply 2
The West Wing
You won't be able to do that, if you want to do a year of maths then it would be best to do it at the start -> one year of maths and then two years economics.

Ahh I see. Thanks, I think I will just stick to 3 years of economics, I know there are many maths modules.
Nice question. What about getting extra maths modules as an economics major? Will you be allowed to do that?
Reply 4
You will complete Micro, Macro, Quantitative Methods, Economic History and Politics in your first year, then in the second year you'll do Micro, Macro, Econometrics and then have one choice (among which is some more advanced mathematics). In the third year you do Micro and Macro and then have two choices.

It's not incredibly mathematical in the first year, but apparently both Micro and Macro become much more maths-orientated in years 2 and 3.
Yes, you can do a year in another subject.

If you're a medic or a vet. Sorry.
SAMAR ISLAND
Nice question. What about getting extra maths modules as an economics major? Will you be allowed to do that?

This isn't America, there are no "majors". You have one subject and you stick to it. Of course the economics course has plenty of maths in it.

If you want to switch to another subject, you have to convince your incoming department of the value of your switch, and that switch will certainly be permanent.
Reply 7
i feel the OP is somewhat underestimating the mathematical tripos.
Reply 8
Chewwy
i feel the OP is somewhat underestimating the mathematical tripos.

That is very likely lol. But on reflection I think there is enough mathematics/stats included in the economics tripos, although there isn't much in the 1st year.

Latest

Trending

Trending