The Student Room Group

MSc Economics and International Finance at Warwick vs MSc Econmics at UCL

I got offered a place on the MSc Economics and International Finance program at Warwick. I am still waiting on a response from UCL but i was wondering how does this program at Warwick compare with the MSc Economics program at UCL? I am more keen on the macro side of economics and I understand that Warwick is ranked better, but this program at Warwick is quite new, (2 years old i believe) should that be a big factor in my decision making?
Reply 1
babz88
I got offered a place on the MSc Economics and International Finance program at Warwick. I am still waiting on a response from UCL but i was wondering how does this program at Warwick compare with the MSc Economics program at UCL? I am more keen on the macro side of economics and I understand that Warwick is ranked better, but this program at Warwick is quite new, (2 years old i believe) should that be a big factor in my decision making?

Firstly the new-ness is not an issue: Warwick have run an Msc in Economics for many years and EIF is a variation on that course which include a couple of excellant modern finance crisis type modules. The course is very much the babby of Professor Marcus Miller a top British Macro-Economist who has been for a number of years critical of the neo-classical complacency in MacroEconomics.

I don't know much about the UCL course. About I am sure it is also good. Think about do you want to be in a green field campus (Warwick) or a busy city (UCL).

Latest

Trending

Trending