The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If any of you are going on the CUSU Open days next week I will be helping out there :smile:
Reply 2
Well I'll be at the big ones at the beginning of July!
Reply 3
I went to the MML one..it was good :smile:, learnt quite a lot about what they're looking for, and of course about how it's taught etc. Think they're worth it.

School won't allow another day off for a college one though, :/, so guess i'll be bombarding TSR with questions about that later on in the year :smile:
Reply 4
Livi_510
I went to the MML one..it was good :smile:, learnt quite a lot about what they're looking for, and of course about how it's taught etc. Think they're worth it.

School won't allow another day off for a college one though, :/, so guess i'll be bombarding TSR with questions about that later on in the year :smile:

Interested in any particular one?
Reply 5
cadaeibfeceh
Interested in any particular one?

College-wise?
I loved seeing Clare college, think it's lovely...but then I get the impression from what people say that it's the one everyone wants to go to :/. I know there's the pool etc and statistically you're no less likely to get in at a really popular college but I'm kind of put off by this.

Other than that, Christ's = soo nice...but I'm not really sure how long it'd take to get to Sidgwick site by bike...probably not too long but I don't know if Languages people tend to go to colleges nearer to the faculty :s-smilie:
Reply 6
Livi_510
College-wise?
I loved seeing Clare college, think it's lovely...but then I get the impression from what people say that it's the one everyone wants to go to :/. I know there's the pool etc and statistically you're no less likely to get in at a really popular college but I'm kind of put off by this.

Other than that, Christ's = soo nice...but I'm not really sure how long it'd take to get to Sidgwick site by bike...probably not too long but I don't know if Languages people tend to go to colleges nearer to the faculty :s-smilie:

I know someone at Clare who used to go to my school - she loves it, but I suppose pretty much everyone loves their college. You looked at the college websites?
Reply 7
Livi_510

lol!!!!

i've heard people complain about a lot of silly things in cambridge that you couldn't get away with elsewhere, but nobody would ever dream of saying christ's and the sidgewick site were far apart.
Reply 8
Chewwy
lol!!!!

i've heard people complain about a lot of silly things in cambridge that you couldn't get away with elsewhere, but nobody would ever dream of saying christ's and the sidgewick site were far apart.

Ha, no, I did think that before I wrote that...I think the 20 mins it was taking me to walk from Sidgwick site to centre on the open day was down to me being massively slow :/.
Reply 9
cadaeibfeceh
I know someone at Clare who used to go to my school - she loves it, but I suppose pretty much everyone loves their college. You looked at the college websites?

I have looked at a few, yep, it's mainly from reading the threads about where you'd want to be if you weren't at your college...some just sound a lot nicer than others :s-smilie: .

It would be so much easier if someone could choose for me...it may end up being eeny meeny miny mo...and that pretty much marks me out as being someone who really shouldn't be at cambridge lol.

Thanks for help :smile:
Livi_510
I have looked at a few, yep, it's mainly from reading the threads about where you'd want to be if you weren't at your college...some just sound a lot nicer than others :s-smilie: .

It would be so much easier if someone could choose for me...it may end up being eeny meeny miny mo...and that pretty much marks me out as being someone who really shouldn't be at cambridge lol.

Thanks for help :smile:

Well if you don't want to choose, you could always make an open application :smile:

Or just come to mine :tongue:
Reply 11
cadaeibfeceh
Well if you don't want to choose, you could always make an open application :smile:

Or just come to mine :tongue:

Is there a thing about being less likely to get in if you do an open application? I'm sounding like someone who's massively obsessed with statistics etc, but I'd quite like to get in :rolleyes:

Ooh...what college do you go to?
Livi_510
Is there a thing about being less likely to get in if you do an open application? I'm sounding like someone who's massively obsessed with statistics etc, but I'd quite like to get in :rolleyes:

I dunno lol.

I'm not there, lol, I'm trying to go in the same year as you, just meant the one I'm aiming for :smile: (Jesus)
Reply 13
Livi_510

No you don't improve your chances (or the other way around for that matter) by submitting an open application.

But as a female I think you have something like a 50% chance of being allocated an all female college.
Reply 14
cadaeibfeceh
I dunno lol.

I'm not there, lol, I'm trying to go in the same year as you, just meant the one I'm aiming for :smile: (Jesus)

Ahh :smile:, I can't actually remember which one's Jesus lol...what course are you wanting to apply to, d'you know?
Reply 15
im staying at trinity and emmanuel college overnight for their science open days (NatSci Physical) i will also come down on the general open day with the parents to look round some of the possible colleges as not sure where to apply as of yet

will be applying later this year and fingers crossed i get an offer :smile:
Livi_510
Ahh :smile:, I can't actually remember which one's Jesus lol...what course are you wanting to apply to, d'you know?

Economics :smile:
What languages do you want to do?
Reply 17
cadaeibfeceh
Economics :smile:
What languages do you want to do?

Ah, so many boys love Economics lol...don't see why with the teacher our school has :/. Was thinking French and German or French and Italian..who knows, I'm the most indecisive person ever so don't know how I'll end up choosing. Eek lol.
Livi_510
Ah, so many boys love Economics lol...don't see why with the teacher our school has :/. Was thinking French and German or French and Italian..who knows, I'm the most indecisive person ever so don't know how I'll end up choosing. Eek lol.

Haha just do all 3 :tongue:
Reply 19
cadaeibfeceh
Haha just do all 3 :tongue:

That's one way of ensuring I go absolutely mental from it all :p: ...

Latest

Trending

Trending